Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I can't believe what I just found out. One of the things I hated on my old Highball was the 150 rear tyre. It was one of the first things I wanted to change to at least a 180. It looks like a bike tyre under my me!

I was going over the spec on the Victory website of the 16 model Highball and they have put a bloody 140/90/B16 on there! I thought it must have been a mistake. I then clicked on the 2015 model spec and the same thing!

What the hell were they thinking to go skinnier on the Highball? I know the Gunner has a 140 but why change the Highball?

Do you think it has something to do with the spokes breaking on the earlier models? I just can't think of any other logical reason unless they got a bargain basement deal on a lot of 140 tyres.

What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I'm betting that tire is cheaper and I imagine it will improve the handling some more. Bobber style bikes traditionally have narrow tires anyway. If the rim is the same size as all the other highball model years, switching out the tire shouldn't cause any problems

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm betting that tire is cheaper and I imagine it will improve the handling some more. Bobber style bikes traditionally have narrow tires anyway. If the rim is the same size as all the other highball model years, switching out the tire shouldn't cause any problems
Doobliss, he's asking about "tyres" not "tires":devil

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I've failed you...
:/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts