Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a post this morning on another Victory enthusiast website that was a little surprising. Blair's Victory Polaris posted that if you want any of the Victory models that have Crimson paint you may want This order now. According to Blair's the Crimson paint is being replaced by Sunset Red. He didn't show a sample so until somebody finds something it's up in the air.

Maybe this will answer the question about whether or not the 2012's will include a red XC. I know at least one person that posted on here was put off because he couldn't get a 2011 XC in red.

Maybe this will make our Crimson XR's rare since they're changing the color 8 months into 2011 production.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I'm still waiting for them to make a white XR so I can sell my black one, and get a white one. wac

For now I ride my black stallion, but I do dream of riding a white one. :crzy:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CR,
Bbob is correct, new paint will cost you thousands less than depreciation. If you figure 25% depreciation (which is probably low) plus any more you payed for down payment plus close to a year in payments (probably about $350 per month) your are looking at about $8200 blowing away in the wind. You can get a damn good paint job for $1000 or less.

I have a neighbor that owns a body shop. He qouted $450 for a 2 tone paint job on my friends V-Star with a clearcoat. This was with my friend doing disassembly/assembly himself and bringing the tins in. With the V-Star (1100 Classic) that price included front/rear fenders, tank and side panels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts