Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do I straighten my handlebars? They are off a little to the left. I tried to adjust them by loosening both bolts underneath the handlebars but they will not budge (handlebars) to the left or right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
12,983 Posts
first get risers straight. Then loosen riser pinch bolts and get bars where you want them. Then tighten each bolt a little and go to next to bolt tighten that a little. Now go back and tighten some more.
Check to see bars are not bent

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Handlebar Risers

The risers are what I need to straighten out. I am having trouble doing that. Do I need to completely remove both riser bolts to accomplish that. How would I go about doing that. Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had my gunner fall over onto its right side at a gas station a while back. Bent the handle bar and thought I bent a riser. I took the handlebars off the risers and removed the risers from the triple tree with the intention of getting them replaced, but upon inspection found that the risers were fine. The isolators allowed the risers to shift out of place. I reinstalled the risers very loosely and instead of immediately installing the handlebars I "installed" a short piece (about 12 or 13 inches long) of 1 inch dowel in place of the handlebars. It kept the risers aligned to each other while setting the risers in the triple tree. It was much easier using the dowel to get everything set in place compared to fighting the handlebars with the cables attached. With the risers set correctly I then installed the handlebars.
Edit: you can check out a diagram at the parts finder victorymotorcycles.com to get an idea of how things are connected.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I've read this thread a couple of times and I'm not getting something. @acv2boriqua if I'm reading this correctly, you feel like the handlebar is left of centered....You loosened the clamps but the bars don't move in the clamps back to the right?
....When the clamps are loose will the bars rotate(forward & back)? I know there's not much space between the High-Ball clamps and the bend in the bar, are you sure there is actually any allowable lateral movement of the bars? Maybe the handlebars themselves are off...? which would suck :mad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
first get risers straight. Then loosen riser pinch bolts and get bars where you want them. Then tighten each bolt a little and go to next to bolt tighten that a little. Now go back and tighten some more.
Check to see bars are not bent
My handle bars were crooked when I first got my bike. Like visionjohnny said, you have to loosen both the riser bolts and the handlebar clamp bolts to adjust. If you don't loosen both sets of bolts, the handlebars will just realign to where they were before once you tighten the bolts. I get to do it again since I just laid my bike down and they are crooked again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies! My riser bars were off and I didn't know I had to loosen the riser bolts and handle bar clamps to straighten them out. Thanks for all of the help guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts