Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've rounded out the allen socket in your front brake pad pin, it's a very good idea to replace it before it strips out, seizes, and potentially causes you to have to replace the whole caliper. Don't ask me how I know this.

The Drag Specialties brake pad kit that Witchdoctor's sells ( Drag Specialties Front Brake Pad Kit ) for $24.95 US is much cheaper than the pad kit from Polaris. It comes with 2 pads, a pin, the o-ring for the pin, 2 pad shims, and a retaining clip.

Disclosure: I haven't tried the pads. I really just needed the pins, but I used everything else in the kits (had to order two). I put the pads into a sealed bag to try them the next time I need new pads.

One note of caution: the allen key for the pins on these is 3/16 inch, NOT the OEM 5mm. Other than that, they're identical to the OEM pins.

@broggyr @CrossRoads could one of you sticky this? I spent a couple of weeks trying to hunt down just the pins by themselves, and this is the least-expensive way I found to get new pins (less than half of what Polaris charges for the same pieces). I figure at some point, someone else will benefit from my frustration :)

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Reactions: NAB and otab

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
IMG_20200730_210145.jpg

Kawasaki Nissin caliper pin.
It's identical down to the 5MM head.
Fits perfectly. :)

Costs about $6 for the pin from dealer, the o-ring is almost as much. Need to find cheaper alternative probably something at an auto parts store.

Kawasaki part numbers
Pin 43045-1053
O-ring 43058-1100

Reactions: otab

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kawasaki Nissin caliper pin.
It's identical down to the 5MM head.
Fits perfectly. :)

Costs about $6 for the pin from dealer, the o-ring is almost as much. Need to find cheaper alternative probably something at an auto parts store.

Kawasaki part numbers
Pin 43045-1053
O-ring 43058-1100
Right on! Nice to have a way to get just the damned pin by itself!

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
Right on! Nice to have a way to get just the damned pin by itself!
I know I posted about it before but finally ordered two weeks ago. I guess took the slow boat from Japan took a week to get to dealer.
I'll try to remember to check my old Honda (now my dad's). It also has Nissin callipers.

Reactions: otab
1 - 5 of 5 Posts