Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find these so I might work on adapting the cross bike bags to my Kingpin. Anyone have any idea where to look? Looked on Victory site but don't even see the part listed at all! What I'm looking for is the piece that goes between the bags and the fender which accept the quick locks.

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You might be better off making them or getting a metal shop to make them. Unless you luck out and find some on a salvage bike they're going to cost you a lot more than a little time and some steel.

Out of curiousity how are you going to support the bottoms? On the Cross bikes the saddlebags sit on perches welded onto the mufflers. You may be able to do it without the lower support but it would seriously decrease the weight capacity of the bags. All the weight of the bags and the contents will be supported by the 2 dzus screws.

You could do like they do for some of the hardbags kits and make a mount that mounts to your fender and wraps around underneath the bags.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats why i wanted to see the cross bike bracket! i own a fab shop so the fabrication process should be something i could handle. a dealer here in maine told me i would be welcome to go take all the measurements i wanted but having the piece in hand would make things a whole lot simpler!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I'm not so good at posting pictures but I can hold a tape measure up to mine and get measurements and text them to you. If you can get texts and don't mind getting pictures that way send me a pm with your number.

·
Registered
301 Posts
thats why i wanted to see the cross bike bracket! i own a fab shop so the fabrication process should be something i could handle. a dealer here in maine told me i would be welcome to go take all the measurements i wanted but having the piece in hand would make things a whole lot simpler!
dude
i have talked on this same issue, a few times i would love to have a set of cc bags for my 08 kp and shure if you could support the bottom something like the hardstreet bags and figure out how to produce them there should be a lot of kp riders that wonts to upgrade to them at a fair price. IM NOT A fabricator so please keep this thread posted on your progress.thumb up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts