Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at purchasing the 8-Ball model of the Cross Country. I was surprised when I read a post on this site from 2 weeks ago where that model didn't come with a radio. I thought that the only difference was that it wasn't chromed. Are there any other differences besides the radio? I'll be talking with a dealer in a few weeks and wanted to have a bit more knowledge. Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
from what ive read it also has no cruise control.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I don't know about the radio , but no cruise and no ABS.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I own one.

Here is what is does not have compared to a regular XC-

OEM radio- it does have a ipod hookup in the right saddlebag which hooks into an amp in the fairing. The amp then pushes the music to the fairing speakers. It sounds really good.

OEM radio display- it's does not have a display which tells you audio tracks and so forth.

Cruise- it does not have cruise. It can be added though.

ABS- I'm sure this can not be added. I haven't confirmed this though..

Other than this, it is exactly like a regular XC. I personally like the all black (murdered) look. Coming from a vegas 8 ball, this was a huge upgrade for me. I couldn't be happier with my bike. I have no regrets.

With all this said, I added a trunk, hard lowers, fairing winglets, OEM radio and OEM display. Here are a few pics-

ImageUploadedByMO Free1396612724.989330.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1396612744.315475.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1396612762.007078.jpg

ImageUploadedByMO Free1396612695.539086.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
That looks really sharp, all blacked out like that.

·
Registered
263 Posts
madstad and flare windscreen

hey nice upgrades, hows that wind screen work with the madstad bracket? did you try it first without the madstad bracket? came off a roadglide recently bought a xc and am looking for a setup i can throw on for long rides that cuts down the turbulence. im about 6'1" and stock is obviously not setup for function (looks good) but need some options. also what do you think of the lowers? i ran fairing lowers on my hd i liked the protection, but the harley ran hot and wanted to wait to see the needs. im new to victory so it looks like you have the xctour lowers? i see some other lowers too on some bikes...

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I should also mention, the items I have added, are all plug and play.

Vic's website says a lot of items are not compatible, but they are.

Good luck on your decision!!

Curious as to how much all this cost ya?
XC OEM Trunk
XC OEM Hard Lowers
XC OEM Fairing Wind Deflectors
XC OEM Radio and Radio Display

·
Registered
152 Posts
hey nice upgrades, hows that wind screen work with the madstad bracket? did you try it first without the madstad bracket? came off a roadglide recently bought a xc and am looking for a setup i can throw on for long rides that cuts down the turbulence. im about 6'1" and stock is obviously not setup for function (looks good) but need some options. also what do you think of the lowers? i ran fairing lowers on my hd i liked the protection, but the harley ran hot and wanted to wait to see the needs. im new to victory so it looks like you have the xctour lowers? i see some other lowers too on some bikes...

Thanks for the bike compliments!

The klock werks windshield worked better than stock, obviously. Like tou said, the stock blade looked good, but wasn't functional.

I did run the klock werks without the madstad for about a week, and honestly it was an improvement, but it still needed lots of work.

When I added the madstad system, it eliminated probably 75% of my buffetting.

I did add the lowers from a XC tour. I haven't had a chance to ride with them yet, but I'm certain my buffeting will almost be non-existent. One thing about the Victory OEM hard lowers is they have a adjustable vent, which allows you to let air flow by your legs on those hot days.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Curious as to how much all this cost ya?

XC OEM Trunk

XC OEM Hard Lowers

XC OEM Fairing Wind Deflectors

XC OEM Radio and Radio Display

Hey Noe,

I see ya around on Facebook-

The trunk was 1487 free shipping
The hard lowers I got for 650 shipped
The fairing wind deflectors I got for 129 free shipping.
The OEM radio and display were both used from eBay (they work perfect) I paid 90 for the radio and 200 for the display. I probably could have bought a XC, but you can't get a XC tour blacked out- at least that I know of.

Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
were the lowers painted or raw for 650? just bought my cross country and im not clear as to whats out there, obviously the vics don't have the catalog like h-d, but I see the blade type lowers out there too, they don't look like they do much but don't know... ( could be wind tunnel tested...) my glide was basically decked out like your xc is and I liked the function of the lowers , and storage of the tourpak so im lookin at the same or close mods as you.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I wonder what it would cost to take a XCT the other way and black everything out?

The lowers make quite the difference to me. With the large Madstad shield that I have and all vents closed I get zero buffeting.

·
12,984 Posts
JJKJR

Do your self a favor don't buy the 8ball. Not that its a bad bike its a good bike.
Some day down the road you'll be selling it and there will be less buyers for it.
There is a very small amount of guys that don't like or use a radio.
Even if you have it doesn't mean you have to listen to music.
Cruise control is as great as slice bread and a cold beer.

·
Registered
152 Posts
were the lowers painted or raw for 650? just bought my cross country and im not clear as to whats out there, obviously the vics don't have the catalog like h-d, but I see the blade type lowers out there too, they don't look like they do much but don't know... ( could be wind tunnel tested...) my glide was basically decked out like your xc is and I liked the function of the lowers , and storage of the tourpak so im lookin at the same or close mods as you.

Polaris/Victory ships them painted ready to put on the bike...

·
Registered
152 Posts
JJKJR

Do your self a favor don't buy the 8ball. Not that its a bad bike its a good bike.

Some day down the road you'll be selling it and there will be less buyers for it.

VisionJohnny,

Not that I disagree with you.....but I will add to your post by saying this-

I like being different. Sure I could have bought a XC Tour no problem, but would it been blacked out? Nope. I bought the 8 Ball on purpose with the intentions of making it a touring bike.

With that said, I don't see the thought process behind saying "there will less buyers for it". I think just the opposite- heck, I know a lot of people and a lot of riders who hate polishing chrome. They would rather spend that time riding.

Again, not trying to start an argument, just wanting folks to see the other side of the bike- the uniqueness, if you will.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
JJKJR

VJ, do you intend to come across coarse? I am perceiving it that way. You are on an 8-ball thread and telling some guy not to buy one. Not everyone can afford the CCT from the get go or maybe he has different personal taste. I just think that your statements are unkind. This is not the first thread that I have noticed this. You might want to tone it down a bit, but that is just me

·
Registered
367 Posts
If folks want a different look you should be able to special order your bike with anything Victory offers, such as diamond cut cylinders. They have to bolt on cylinders anyway just get the guy or girl to go over to the other bin. I cannot believe so many parts from other Vic motorcycles do not fit on the others, for example I asked many folks about the VISION chrome rear engine mounts. Same motor but told they won't fit. I bought them and bolted them right on no problem. Where are the engineers????? Does this company intentionally not want to make a profit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner. Thanks for all the responses. I also prefer the all blacked out look for several reasons. The look itself and my thought its easier to keep clean. I have a chromed bike currently that I have spent many hours polishing. When I first saw it I didn't realize that there were multiple things missing that were on the chromed version. It seems that most of the items missing that I would want can be added at a cost less than the 1,000 dollars difference in price. I not ever owned a bike with ABS brakes. I've always stopped just fine without them. I wonder what would I be missing without them and what would they cost to add back in? Thanks for the continued feedback.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner. Thanks for all the responses. I also prefer the all blacked out look for several reasons. The look itself and my thought its easier to keep clean. I have a chromed bike currently that I have spent many hours polishing. When I first saw it I didn't realize that there were multiple things missing that were on the chromed version. It seems that most of the items missing that I would want can be added at a cost less than the 1,000 dollars difference in price. I not ever owned a bike with ABS brakes. I've always stopped just fine without them. I wonder what would I be missing without them and what would they cost to add back in? Thanks for the continued feedback.

JKKJR-

I agree with you on the blacked out look. So much easier to keep clean and best of all, no chrome to polish.

I get to spend all me extra time riding, not cleaning chrome.

Good luck and report back with your decision.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts