Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just looking for some feedback on which aftermarket seats everyone likes the best.

I find on my stock CC seat, after about 80 miles my butt is starting to really get sore. It surprises me because on my stock Vegas seat I was able to go close to 300 miles with virtually no butt pain. I think it's just the position on the CC. I sit on a different part of my butt and it gets sore much faster...

So that said, i'm looking for aftermarket seats and just wonder what everyone else's opinions are on the options. The one issue I do have going against me is my wife absolutely does not want me to change seats. She is totally in love with the stock passenger pad on the CC. She can go hundreds of miles totally comfortably, so I obviously need to find something she will also be comfy on.

Any help and feedback is appreciated, thank you.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Many other threads on this exact issue. "Search" will provide you with a lot of info to look at.
I have an Ultimate seat on order, mainly due to the positive comments I read here. Look forward to receiving it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You have two choices. Ultimate or Corbin. Both have good and bad reviews, not unexpected. Ultimate doeasn't offer heat and has done all they could to run me off as a customer. It seems I am the exception, bit they manged to lose my business for good.
The Corbin should be here tomorrow, so I hope it solve the problems we were looking for it too.

Food luck

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Seats are really a personal thing. What works for one is horrible for the next. I had a Russell day long on my wing (I couldn't go 50 miles on the stock). It took them four tries to make it work for me and it was never great but soo much better than stock. The fit wasn't the greatest at the tank and the seat didn't last but 50,000 miles before it started coming apart.

The xct seat is the first stock seat I've ever had that worked for me. I have gone over 800 miles in temps between 106- 117 with no issue.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Personally Diamond (hartco) is the best seat I ever owned and it was on my GL1800, but they don't make one for the Vic. I have an Ultimate ordered, but not real confident it will work as it is an off the shelf seat. For me, the stocker sux, 50-60 miles max and I hurt. We'll see when the Ultimate gets here. I went through several seats trying to get the right one on the wing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It seems like every version of a Cross Bike has it's own "different" seat with respect to foam firmness and density? True?

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Corbin SUCKS! Just Google "corbin customer service" and read all the different threads on message boards on all different bikes makes about how bad Corbin treats their customers once they get their money from them. I wouldn't piss on Corbin if he was on fire. I've been riding and wrenching on my own bikes since I was 12 years old. I questioned them on a seat for my VTX and they told me "You must be putting the seat on wrong"

It's your money, but I wouldn't give them a penny

·
Registered
422 Posts
I wish Mustang would get off their lazy asses and make one for the XC. I mean, why be behind the curve still sucking up to HD owners? Get your R&D dept to wake the F up and smell the roses before you get left in the dust by others.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is dramatically different on the Ultimate that makes it so much better than stock? Different foam? This will be the first Non Stock seat i've ever bought, so I have no clue...

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
What is dramatically different on the Ultimate that makes it so much better than stock? Different foam? This will be the first Non Stock seat i've ever bought, so I have no clue...
http://ultimateseats.ca/
Most I can say is if you live by one of his shops or will be at one of the events he will be at, go test ride a seat. Des will let you put his seat on your bike and test ride it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm looking for a after market seat also. I took my first long trip to the mountains and the stock seat on my XCT was worse than my stock Goldwing seat. I'm going to try my WalMart seat pad that I used on my wing until I find a nice seat.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Received my shipping notice yesterday for my Ultimate. Should be here tomorrow.
Congrats. When did you order it? I'm going on week 3, but they told me it would be 3-4 due to the custom stitching I'm having done.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It was ordered on June 26th. I was told then 2-3 weeks. So tomorrow will be two weeks and one day.
Well I will hang for your guys reviews on them. I kind thought my stocker was going to be good but the more it wears in the worse it gets. :confused:

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Well I will hang for your guys reviews on them. I kind thought my stocker was going to be good but the more it wears in the worse it gets. :confused:
You'll get my review tonight. I just called Ultimate and my seat should be delivered and sitting in my driveway when I get home from work. thumb up

·
Registered
520 Posts
The stock seat is good for about 2 hours, after that the foam is too soft and you keep sliding forward into the tank which give you butt burn, pinched nuts, etc..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts