Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are other threads out there, but some of those have slightly conflicting info, so this is my recent experience.

I picked up a like new CC stock handlebar takeoff at the dealer for WAY less than buying the extended CR bars. I measured both bars and the stock CC bars are exactly 3" longer that the stock CR bars. The method to measure pullback is shown in the picture below. All the length difference is in the straight, parallel section coming off the risers. The bend out to the grips is identical on both bars.

The wiring and cables all work fine! The only issue was the wiring harness from the cruise control on the right side and the wires from the left control group. Those two harnesses began to show some colored wire at the back of the headlight bucket where they were being pulled further out than the black cover sleeve. There was plenty of wire length left inside the headlight bucket but the connectors got close to the back. A little shrink tubing and some electrical tape solved that problem.

The amount of pullback is great! Much more relaxed ride and no more tight neck and shoulders.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
I know there are other threads out there, but some of those have slightly conflicting info, so this is my recent experience.

I picked up a like new CC stock handlebar takeoff at the dealer for WAY less than buying the extended CR bars. I measured both bars and the stock CC bars are exactly 3" longer that the stock CR bars. The method to measure pullback is shown in the picture below. All the length difference is in the straight, parallel section coming off the risers. The bend out to the grips is identical on both bars.

The wiring and cables all work fine! The only issue was the wiring harness from the cruise control on the right side and the wires from the left control group. Those two harnesses began to show some colored wire at the back of the headlight bucket where they were being pulled further out than the black cover sleeve. There was plenty of wire length left inside the headlight bucket but the connectors got close to the back. A little shrink tubing and some electrical tape solved that problem.

The amount of pullback is great! Much more relaxed ride and no more tight neck and shoulders.
I have the same setup on my CR and it made a world of difference. Much more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I have stock 2012 XCT bars in my basement. If any Cross Roads owner wants them, make me a reasonable offer, plus you pay shipping, and they're yours.

They were used for the first two seasons, and I've been using HeliBars for the last two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts