Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't owned a bike in quite some time, but have continued to ride on a pretty regular basis. I am going to pull the trigger on a new bike and here come the Cross Country and Cross Roads just as I am about to purchase a 2010 Road King Classic.

Which one to go with and what are your reasons for suggesting each. I realize that the Victory bikes will be; less maintenance, lower cost, and more power but from an everyday riding perspective what do you think?

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well lets see cost less, less maitanance, more power, and handels better. Man that is a tough one but I think a Vic would be good?

·
Registered
257 Posts
hmmm costs less, better machine, probably victory but then again everyone has a roadking so that would be cool

·
Registered
301 Posts
i like vic but you have to make that choise your self, i did in july of 2008 i was looking at roadking, & goldwing. honda was 2nd pic. good luck man!! now i have 2 vics

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am going through the same issue now with the BMW K1200LT, HD Ultra Classic - and here comes the Victory Cross Country. Since I'm in Baghdad - most of my research has been by internet. One thing I can say is that there is good and bad with each bike and you must assess what works best for you personally.

I do like the Cross Country for several reasons; price, power, style, engine design, and lighter frame. Eventually, there will be more optional equipment offered for the bike.

You must take into consideration future maintenance costs (which has almost eliminated the BMW from consideration), dealer availability (how many in the local area), and what you will be doing with the bike (local or long distance touring). What about passenger comfort? The Victory doesn't come close to my other choices, but it looks just as good as the Road King.

It's a tough choice, but the bottom line comes down to what you want and what you expect from your ride. Don't buy a Road King just because your friends tell you too or ride Harley's. I've rode rice burners all my life with Harley friends. Do your research, test drive, and make a decision based on wisdom - not the influence of other people.

The Victory Cross Country is at the top of my list for several reasons and I don't care what my Harley friends say. It's my choice and the research and personal opinions from the owners tell me a lot about a product.

Take care.

RobDog

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Figure out what you are looking for in your bike. Touring, 2up, around town, long distance etc.

Then test ride what you are interested in and make a decision.

This is a Victory forum so of course we are going to be a little biased towards our brand.

Plain and simple it comes down to what YOU like and what YOU feel comfrotable on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts