Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang--first post here. Looking at exhaust options for the x country.

First--i do not think i want to go with factory stage one and ecm flash---just need more noise, frankly.

second--RPW seems to make noise and power---BUT--do they need a fuel controller or a factory reflash? i would think they would. If so--what's available?

ness exhaust---can't seem to find it anywhere...are they available? Same question on the reflash or fuel controlller.

rollin fast cycle sport---i hear they have a core exchange muffler program....anyone have any experience with them??? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put rpw's a Lloydz fuel controller and a Lloydz idle air valve on my Crossroads.The sound is 100% better than stock pipes. I do get a backfire once in awhile if I shift gears below 2800 rpm,run the gears out and it is fine. This is a tip from Kevinx onthis forum. I can't tell you if the performance is any better, but it feels better. Lloydz claims better performance and gas mileage. Good Luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Being the proud new owner of a CC, I almost went with the Stage 1 exhaust when I ordered the bike. But I found out about RPW and listened to that beautiful sound and just opted for stock. I'll be ordering mine after the 500 mile check up, which will be pretty soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i went with the atom bomb...recored exhaust---i met a guy with the rpw's and i though they were a bit tiney sounding....and the stage 1 pipe from vic wasn't a real improvement....but the atom bom's---sound great!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just wondering how many of you have gone with the atom bomb exhaust and what you think of them. Also how long was the turn around time for getting the work done? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, Just joined the site and have a Crossroads. Would like to know where I can get the Atom Bombs that everyones talking about. I can't seem to find much out about them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rpw

I put rpw's a Lloydz fuel controller and a Lloydz idle air valve on my Crossroads.The sound is 100% better than stock pipes. I do get a backfire once in awhile if I shift gears below 2800 rpm,run the gears out and it is fine. This is a tip from Kevinx onthis forum. I can't tell you if the performance is any better, but it feels better. Lloydz claims better performance and gas mileage. Good Luck
Do you have a video available on youtube to ear that sound? Do you know if we can put only th exhaust without the fuel controller?

Thank's,

Gyps

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is there anyone in the New England area that has an after market exhaust, either RPW or the Atom Bomb? I've heard the U-tube videos, but would really love to hear them in person. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Guys
I agree with most of the above comments on Cross Country/Roads exhausts needing a little help. I too would like to add a little something extra to my new toy but after laying down over $20 grand (with accessories) and having recently purchased a Chevy Suburban (both big and black), my wife just wasn't too thrilled at the prospect of shelling out another grand or more JUST to make a little noise. AARRGGHH--JUST to make noise, that is MUSIC to my ears!!! She still wouldn't listen. After 47 years of marriage, you would think she would have a little more respect, right? Uhh--Right? Anyway, I checked out everything that was available, including the Atom Bombs, which are just modified stock mufflers (but cheap--and cheap is good--for now anyway). I sat down and read through the threads from Vegas and Hammer owners who modified their own mufflers and I said, "What the Hel--uhh Heck, can't be that difficult. I removed the heat shield cones (three 10mm bolts each) at the rear to expose those ugly mufflers and took out my drill with a 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch bit. I used a center punch to mark off 8 evenly spaced dimples around the muffler end cap where the short tail pipe exits. I drilled 8 quarter inch holes in each end cap first and cranked my baby to see what it sounded like---NICE!! So I installed the 1/2inch bit (more is better, right) and drilled away. I cranked again and WAHOOO, just the mellow rumble I was looking for. I took a tube of high temp silicone sealer and applied a heavy bead to the top edge of the muffler end cap to seal the gap when I reattached the heat shield cone (Don't want exhaust gas escaping to the bottom of my saddle bags, not good). Since the cone is now part of your exhaust system, you may even want to spray the inside of cone with a good quality high temp paint or even black stove coating to slow down any corrosion. Messy but effective. Anyway, I am thrilled with the sound and better yet, it was FREEEE, except for the tube of silicone sealer. I have NO popping or backfire on decel and it runs beautifully, and IT WAS FREE. I can't get over that. Twenty minutes total time. Have a Good Ride

·
Registered
83 Posts
Md,

You have any pictures of the location of your drilling? Did you get the fuel map adjusted? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
CFR Exhaust?

First post here and don’t have CC yet but will getting one soon. I saw that someone had put CFR exhaust (Cary Faas Racing) on a bike that was on Ebay. I also saw some on you tube. My question is does anyone know where you can buy them at? I have a friend that has a set on a SE road glide and they sound really good. I just sold my road king and getting a new Victory in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for any help.

Scott

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Scott and Dave
First, I need to address Dave's question about my XC muffler mods. Regretfully I didn't document this mod as I proceeded, mainly because I didn't expect it to turn out as nice as it did. Also, since I am not getting popping or burbling on decel, no jerky throttle, and no surging at cruise, I decided to wait until I get my air intake kit from Loydz or Arlen ness before remapping. As far as where I drilled, the muffler end cap at the rear was drilled to look similar to the Vision Gatlin tip, then I replaced the stock heat shield cone at the rear and sealed it with a high temp silicone to keep any exhaust gas from migrating thru the cone gap up to the bottom of the saddle bag. Pretty straight forward. Maybe 20 minutes.
Now for Scott--- The first time I heard a CFR exhaust on a Victory, I fell in love. It was music to my ears. Do a Bing search or Google and you will have many sites that deal with CFR exhausts. You may want to spell it out completely "Cary Faas Racing" exhausts. You Tube doesn't do them justice. They are MUCH better in person, like most of the other exhausts are. I understand the family is into all types of racing, cars and bikes. They can certainly build an exhaust for you =BUT= I have found that many of the aftermarket manufacturers don't attach the lower saddle bag mounts to the mufflers and that is required on the XC/XR. Can turn into a headache if you aren't prepared to do some minor manufacturing yourself. I recently acquired a stainless steel set of BORLA performance slip on's, originally built for an 1800 (shhh--Gold Wing) and may be mounting them on my XC. I just didn't want to mess with the bag mounts YET. Borla was bought out by Thrust Master (or maybe it was Thrush) a couple years ago, but my son was talking with one of the former Borla engineers and it appears they are going to start manufacturing performance motorcycle exhausts again. I love competition.
This last statement, Diamond may want to shift it around somewhere else. My son is riding a new 1125CR Buell with several mods straight from Erick Buell. You can call Buell and talk directly with Erick if you want to. Anyway, my point is two fold. My son is running a Barker exhaust. Sounds like a 50 caliber machine gun and is the meanest crotch rocket I have ever ridden (Yes, this old man can still ride a crotch rocket). Now, on the Buell forums, the word is that Buell and, YOU GUESSED IT--""POLARIS""-- are in negotiations for a joint racing venture with the new 1190RR. A bad assed machine that is even beating Ducati in Europe. I guess Harley felt too embarrassed that Buell was tearing up their V-Rod, but they jumped out of the contract a year too soon. Not only that but Harley dropped the "No Competition" clause from their contract with Buell so Erick is now legally able to continue with the final developmment stage with the 1190RR. Jay Leno just ordered the first production model--$47,000. Victory may have a racing brother in the showroom in a couple years. YOU HEARD IT FIRST HERE!! NUFF for now PHIL

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mad Dog,

Thanks for explaination and I am leaning towards your MOD cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dave, I think you will be pleased. You maintain stock muffler mount, stock saddle bag mounts, stock heat shields, stock appearance, it's quick, it's easy, it sounds good and it's FREE. Happy Riding!! PHIL

·
Registered
3 Posts
No CFR on Search eng. for XC

Thanks Mad Dog,

I have done a lot of searches for CFR and Cary Faas Racing. I don’t see anything specs for the XC. Maybe I just need to call CFR and see if they would make a set. I love the way they sound but I might just have to do your mod until they make a specific XC pipe. Thanks again for your help.

Scott

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Scott
Yes, I have run into the same problem researching exhausts for my XC. Only a small handful of companies build a proper muffler which includes the bag mounts. There just aren't enough of the XC's on the road to make the "tooling" profitable, but with the popularity of the Cross bikes, I see that situation changing. The couple of XC's I saw with CFR muffs had custom mounts attached with steel straps. They did a nice job and the "music" is certainly worth the trouble, IMHO. LOL
PHIL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Mad Dog...

When you 1/4" drilled where were the holes located? Also when you went to the 1/2" bit did you just make the first holes larger? I too want more music. I have the stage 1 and have eliminated the catalytic converter but still want more. Thanks for all the guidance!

Scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the mod to my mufflers todays,they sound nice,but would like a little more.I called my dealer today,and he told me stage1 exhaust is not much louder than stock.I had stage1 on my vision and that sounded really nice.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts