Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I will be picking up a 2010 Cross Country next week. Looks like that is referred to here as an XC. I am an on again, off again rider for the last 30 years. I am currently rebuilding an 03 VTX 1300S, but an XC caught my eye.

I have looked around the forum and I am specifically looking for the common problems and fixes for this bike. I plan on doing a 2000 mile round trip in a couple of months on the XC.

Any help or direction is appreciated. Any tips on what to check when I go to pick it up would be very helpful.

Thanks for having this forum.

TUGG

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
just did a 2120 mile ride and I have an 11" wind vest windshield and fork mounted wind deflectors because these bikes have terrible buffeting. I changed to a mustang vintage seat and HMD 520 bagger bars. The 2000+ miles just drifted by I would do it all over again in a second.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I read about most, the wind issues. I am 6'3 and had hoped to find an inexpensive solution. I haven't seen one that won't set me back 500.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
That is what I read about most, the wind issues. I am 6'3 and had hoped to find an inexpensive solution. I haven't seen one that won't set me back 500.

Thanks for the reply.

Memphis Shades part numbers:

MEM5804 Deflectors: $39.70

MEM9890 Fork clamps: $54.10

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts