Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 5'10 and was wondering if the shorter windshield on the cc keeps the bugs and wind off your face for the most part.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I am 5'10 and was wondering if the shorter windshield on the cc keeps the bugs and wind off your face for the most part.
Yes

Keep reading on these sites.
I'm 5'10" also. I did Ness Modular Bars and Madstad windshield bracket and windshield. I will be doing the seat too, because it's going to be my bike for a long time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm also 5' 10" and I'm getting way too much turbulence on my XC. The wind nails me straight in the helmet with the stock 9" screen. I've purchased the Cee Baileys 13" windscreen and the JTD Lowers but haven't installed them yet (too cold up here in New York to work in the garage right now!) I'll be posting more in the spring after installation and test rides. Hopefully I got it right.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I Love Stock

When I bought my XC I was amazed at how well designed the stock fairing/windscreen was, as small as it is, it keeping the wind off of me. Against my better judgement I bought a Klock Werks replacement. 100 miles later I get worse buffeting with the taller windscreen (and I am 6'2"). I took it off and went back to stock. Want to buy it? ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They brag the Klock Werks shields up like they are the cats meow. Nice to hear a riders point of view.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
They brag the Klock Werks shields up like they are the cats meow. Nice to hear a riders point of view.
Can you blame us? A lot of us riders like them. If you can pick up a used one, they are a good option for many. The stock 9" one beat the crap out of me. The Klockwerks funnels the majority of wind away and deflects all bugs and other things. The only thing some don't like is that it does not make the cockpit a "cocoon" of dead air. It is true that some wind will be present. I use a full helmet and at 5'10" and a long torso (short 29" inseam), I like the the KW. YMMV

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have my Klockwerks mounted to the Madstad brackets and there is no buffeting. There is more airflow through the cockpit area, but no bugs splats on the inside of the windshield or in my face. I think the airflow is coming off the front of the lowers and ramping up the sloop. I also think the Madstad brackets swoop the air up the outside and inside of the windshield. They follow each other and create extra draw for the wind coming off the lowers. It's not windy, just moving. In the summer it will feel great. In the winter, I need more clothing then before the brackets (in the cocoon behind the big windshield).

I had a 97 Harley bagger years go. I think the XCT cuts through the wind at speed and the FLHTCUI plowed through the wind.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I bought my XC I was amazed at how well designed the stock fairing/windscreen was, as small as it is, it keeping the wind off of me. Against my better judgement I bought a Klock Werks replacement. 100 miles later I get worse buffeting with the taller windscreen (and I am 6'2"). I took it off and went back to stock. Want to buy it? ;)
That's interesting. I'm 6'1" and the stock XC windshield beat the heck out of my head. The Klock Werks shield does a much better job. The only bad air I have now is coming from under the fairing.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Try putting your hand palm down beside the tank..... Either side, and you will quickly see where a lot of the wind comes from....I also have a kolckwerks shield, some days it seems to work like a charm... Some days not so much. Don't know why that is.....I also wear a full face style helmet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
..I also have a kolckwerks shield, some days it seems to work like a charm... Some days not so much. Don't know why that is.....I also wear a full face style helmet.
That was exactly my experience also....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Even after installing the KW windshield on my '12 XC, I had lots of buffeting. I could feel a strong breeze coming up from the front of my legs, up my chest and around my helmet. After installing the JTD's, all buffeting ceased. I can now ride hundreds of miles in a day with none of the tiring effects of buffeting. This was the only negative issue i have had with my XC.

I am the lone (so far) Victory owner in a family of HD riders and have had experience riding all the HD models except the V-Rod. My 8 years of experience with Victory's low maintenance, comfort, maneuverability, and near-Custom design is convincing some hard core HD riders to take another look at the truly American made bike.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I liked both the stock OEM windshield and the klockwerkz flip windshield, but didn't like looking thru the stock one.

With the klockwerkz flip, no turbulence, no bugs, and I can see over the top which is very nice. I've also driven this in 24° weather and it did an excellent job for me anyways.

I personally love the klockwerkz flip windshield. Any turbulence I get is from below on the sides, I just adjust the lower wind deflectors and all is well.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts