Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I rarely have a passenger on my Cross Country Tour, my wife has her own bike, I'm curious what you might have done to replace the floorboards with pegs that are lower profile or visually more appealing? I would love to see pictures

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Icewnters,

The support brackets for pegs and floorboards are different since the floorboards have adjustment options. I don't believe that pegs can be adapted directly to the floorboard support. There are two bolts on each side that hold those brackets onto the frame. You may find that in order to get aftermarket pegs you will need the standard peg brackets. I have a 2013 CrossRoads with factory passenger pegs and have occasionally thought about getting floorboards for my wife since we ride together. Would you consider swapping?

As you look into your options, let me know if this would help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Icewnters,

The support brackets for pegs and floorboards are different since the floorboards have adjustment options. I don't believe that pegs can be adapted directly to the floorboard support. There are two bolts on each side that hold those brackets onto the frame. You may find that in order to get aftermarket pegs you will need the standard peg brackets. I have a 2013 CrossRoads with factory passenger pegs and have occasionally thought about getting floorboards for my wife since we ride together. Would you consider swapping?

As you look into your options, let me know if this would help.
Let me look at some pictures and see what they look like, considering BBob's comment about removing the support brackets, I might find a nice set of floorboards that look good while flipped up.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Looking at a CC or CR will show you what a CCT looks like without passenger floorboards. Like what has already been posted, the support brackets are different between the passenger boards and pegs. I'm admittedly biased in favor of the CCT as I think passenger boards look great where the pegs look a bit too small for the application. The pegs look natural on the steel frame bikes where, to me, they look a bit lacking on the Cross bikes. Different strokes for different folks and all that. Modify your bike as you see fit.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You can just remove the floorboards if you don't have a passenger. Pin has a little clip holding it.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I like my floorboards. They make for a more comfortable ride with my feet down flat. But then again I'm OLD ! :grin

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I like my floorboards. They make for a more comfortable ride with my feet down flat. But then again I'm OLD ! :grin
If you can get your feet up on passenger pegs and ride your arms are longer than mine. :)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I lay down on the tank and ride sometimes with my toes on the passenger boards.. :grin And if you believe that I got some swamp land in Arizona I'll sell cheap.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at a CC or CR will show you what a CCT looks like without passenger floorboards. Like what has already been posted, the support brackets are different between the passenger boards and pegs. I'm admittedly biased in favor of the CCT as I think passenger boards look great where the pegs look a bit too small for the application. The pegs look natural on the steel frame bikes where, to me, they look a bit lacking on the Cross bikes. Different strokes for different folks and all that. Modify your bike as you see fit.

The more pics I look with passenger pegs vs floorboards, I’m with you, I like the floorboards better. I did see some Arlen Ness floorboards that look great flipped up. I live near Strokers, maybe I’ll swing by and see what Rick Fairless has..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, after looking at prices on aftermarket floorboards, I think the stock ones look great. Thank you everyone for your responses, I was curious what other folks might have done, but it seems leaving it alone and staying with stock is best for me. There are way cooler things I could spend money on for the bike. Like this clutch arm cover I added recently.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just had my passenger floorboards off for a comprehensive cleaning. It was little effort to remove them, bracket and all. I'd consider taking them off all together.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I lay down on the tank and ride sometimes with my toes on the passenger boards.. :grin And if you believe that I got some swamp land in Arizona I'll sell cheap.
Does your Arizona swamp land have a bridge over it? I like bridges. :grin

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
No bridges Mark...We use our Swamp Buggies....and our floaties .. :grin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts