Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering a Cross Country. I recently went to the Demo ride and noticed a considerable vibration/buzzing through the floor boards while riding. I know the demo bikes can be well used/abused and am wondering if this vibration is normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been test riding the Harley line up before this and did not notice anything similar. I can understand some vibration, but this was a constant "buzzing" in the floorboards that would get very annoying after any length of riding.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
CC
I took the demo ride in april and bought my new CC 2 weeks ago. In my short experience with the CC, I would say its not normal. The demos are ridden by all shapes and size people. Would have to guess something is loose. I can honestly say I experience almost no vibration and absolutely zero buzzing....happy shopping. Hope this helps

·
Registered
44 Posts
No vibration with my footboards and I've never noticed any difference between the HD RK and the CR. Must have been the bike you were testing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have put over 8000 miles on my cross country, still love it. it does vibrate at higher rpm in lower gears . but smooth at all outher times. runs better , handels better than harley

·
Registered
42 Posts
Vibration/buzzing noise

I have also noticed some buzzing at high speed coming from somewhere upfront, but I don't think the floorboards are the culprit. I can't find anything loose and made sure my keys weren't banging around. I thought maybe it was the left mirror, but it continues even when I hold it. It is a very minor issue, and anytime you are paying attention or listening for a 'noise', you tend to hear things you normally tune out. I wonder if it's the flap over the battery compartment or one of the sensor wires vibrating in the wind? Because it's so minor, intermittent, and you have to pay close attention to hear it, I simply ignore it. I would, however, be interested in knowing its cause.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts