Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else having a problem with the top skin on their CC saddle pealing away at the seams near the tank?

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
No problem with mine but I took it off at 10k miles and put on an Ultimate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Take it to an upholstery shop, even an automotive one, but one that specializes in bikes would be better. Even better, one that's capable of customizing it to fit your butt. There are many options for repairing that situation.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Mine has the same issue, it's about the size of a nickel now but it hasn't gotten much worst this summer.

·
13,188 Posts
Lot of the early visions the seats would tear away at the stitching.
Guys said they thought it was because the leather was drying out from the sun.
So they mink oiled all stitching to hopefully prevent it

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine has the same issue, it's about the size of a nickel now but it hasn't gotten much worst this summer.
If I'm not mistaken, the stock CC saddle is vinyl, not leather. It is the vinyl skin that is peeling from the backing at the seams.

·
Registered
328 Posts
That's pretty much what mine looks like except I couldn't let alone and peeled it a little.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It's not in a kick area so to me it looks like it may have been hit with a buffer. If it was a reaction to some type of polish or preservative it would most likely be doing the same anywhere close to the tank.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not in a kick area so to me it looks like it may have been hit with a buffer. If it was a reaction to some type of polish or preservative it would most likely be doing the same anywhere close to the tank.
No buffer has been used on the bike. Only Mother's wash soap and wax which has been hand applied and buffed have been used in that area.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks to me like the vinyl is delaminating.
Prezactly. And, it appears the factory must have come to the same conclusion as they just notified the dealer they are sending a replacement saddle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts