Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I've been looking HARD for a decent red/orange Judge and one popped up in my area that looks fairly decent except for a pretty bad dent near the back of the tank. Looks like the tank runs from $1600-2000 from what I've seen online, which is ridiculous.

The tank on the Cross Country, aside from the fuel cap being offset instead of centered, appears to be identical (and looks like they are much more reasonably priced). Would they fit on the Judge, or are the mounting or dimensions different? If it's doable, would there be any complications doing this? Thinking like the fuel level sensor, pump, etc?

EDIT: Nvm, looks like even the CC tanks are crazy expensive. I just saw a couple cheaper ones that were still damaged upon upon further inspection...

·
Registered
73 Posts
A new Judge fuel tank will cost you over $2500 from Victory assuming you can find one in stock. I have not found any other tank that fits a 2013 Judge without modification, but maybe you can. If you find one that will work you likely would have to weld on the front and rear mounts. Even damaged ones on eBay are expensive. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are they so expensive? It can't just be because they're out of production. Plenty of bikes are no longer in production and don't cost $2000+ for a replacement tank.

Anybody know what the exact differences are between the Judge and CC tank. Also forgot about the Boardwalk, I would think those would bolt right on since they're basically 2014 Judges with different fenders and chrome rather than black.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,698 Posts
If you have a dent or something best to have a shop fill and paint. Will cost you far less than trying to replace it all.

This is true of all bikes.

As to the high cost it might have the pump included with it. I agree that cost is significantly higher than other brand tanks from dealer and this is only reason I can see for the additional cost.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Why are they so expensive? It can't just be because they're out of production. Plenty of bikes are no longer in production and don't cost $2000+ for a replacement tank.

Anybody know what the exact differences are between the Judge and CC tank. Also forgot about the Boardwalk, I would think those would bolt right on since they're basically 2014 Judges with different fenders and chrome rather than black.
Looking at Polaris parts web-site, the tank p/n is 1018260-266. It is for a Judge and Boadwalk (all Options). Found one on eBay. Good luck
2013 Victory Boardwalk GAS TANK FUEL PETROL RESERVOIR low miles, needs cleaning
Pre-Owned
$550.00
or Best Offer
Free shipping

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As to the high cost it might have the pump included with it. I agree that cost is significantly higher than other brand tanks from dealer and this is only reason I can see for the additional cost.
That might be true of the new OEM ones, but all the used ones I've seen have been just the tank, no pump/fuel cap, etc.

Looking at Polaris parts web-site, the tank p/n is 1018260-266. It is for a Judge and Boadwalk (all Options). Found one on eBay. Good luck
2013 Victory Boardwalk GAS TANK FUEL PETROL RESERVOIR low miles, needs cleaning
Pre-Owned
$550.00
or Best Offer
Free shipping
That might be worth investigating if I can get it cheap. I'll need to read up on tank cleaning.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Cross Country tanks mount very different than steel frame bikes. You could get a Vegas tank but then the seat won't line up and you'll need a Vegas seat.
You are 100% better off bringing the tank to an auto body shop and have them fix it. Depending on the damage could be as low as $200 to fix and repaint

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cross Country tanks mount very different than steel frame bikes. You could get a Vegas tank but then the seat won't line up and you'll need a Vegas seat.
You are 100% better off bringing the tank to an auto body shop and have them fix it. Depending on the damage could be as low as $200 to fix and repaint
The Vegas style tank is why I like the Judges so much lol. The dent in this one is pretty bad, I'd be concerned about them not being able to get it looking perfectly OEM, and/or the filler drying out/cracking a few years down the line.

Sounds like I'll have to keep looking for a cheap, at least undamaged, Judge/BW tank that can be painted to match, or keep looking for a Judge that doesn't need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts