1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
681 Posts
Good review, was definitely worth the read. It seems there's a few different was that last sentence could be taken. Makes me want to go buy an xc now.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The two brands serve different markets, at least for now. I like the Indians' fit and finish but they're too traditional. Victory is the more forward-looking motorcycle. I hope Polaris has learned from the Indians to improve some of the Victory's short-comings: better transmission, better electronics, switch gear that doesn't look like bolt-ons.

·
Registered
700 Posts
They sure ride fast! Fastest I like to cruise is 80mph. 90 is just too busy and I'm not relaxed. :eek:

·
Registered
372 Posts
They sure ride fast! Fastest I like to cruise is 80mph. 90 is just too busy and I'm not relaxed. :eek:
90 on a Cross Country feels like a casual Sunday afternoon cruise. I do have a Klock Werks flip windshield though which makes the bike handle solid as a rock at higher speeds.

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Strikes me that it wasn't a bad report. The guy stumbled through some common complaints, loose side covers, cruise fritzing when wet and so forth. He offered an understanding of how the Vision is perceived. I'm a considerably bigger moke than he says he is and I ain't skeered of Colorado dirt roads ( or as Colorodans call them the highway). I have been woken up on those cow paths after rain or a fresh grading so I am less inclined to diss on the little guy for obviously going too slow and having missed enough meals and dessert.

Ron, isn't the short list of articles really about bike brands that aren't testing water cooling? Not saying it won't come to Vic. Just saying that it's another tick box checked off in a company's R&D resume.

Is the demographic that different? Well, the target is not specifically the middle aged cruiser/bagger/tourer. The target is the wallet of the middle aged rider, at least with respect to either Vic or Indian. The threat to Vic isn't so much the migration of that money as it is Victory pushing it away. The Cross bikes are in a mature model run, the Vision, an icon of innovation has apparently shot its wad and is anything but innovative in the latest model year. The newest models are all targeting younger riders. The factory is pretty plainly showing their cards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts