Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here and looking for some opinions. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new Victory tomorrow and decided on the XC tour until I talked to a guy with a Vision. Now I'm not sure! I do do some in town riding and 32 mile round trip to work every day and the day trips on the weekends. I rode a XC (not the tour) because the dealer had a used one and I loved it. Never rode the Vision. One of the main reasons for this bike is my wife riding with me. Thanks!

·
Registered
827 Posts
We can't pick for you. You should ride both before you decide. I liked the ride and fit of the vision, but I loved the storage capacity of the tour. The adjustable windshield on the vision is very is very cool. If that option came out for the XCT I'd jump on it.
The trunk comes off both bikes if you wanted to remove it for commuting.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I tested both and bought the XCT.
Now that I have had the XCT for 35k I re-test road the vision.
I have to say I wish I bought the vision.

During my original test ride I found the Vision to big. Now that I am used to the size of Victory Touring bikes and I have re tested the Vision I found it a superior handling bike over the XCT. There is a noticeable difference having the fairing frame mounted.

Buy what you like. Make it your own and be happy your not on a cookie cutter bike like all the others out there......

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You need to ride both bikes and test ride with your passenger too. I love my Vision but my wife is very comfortable touring on it and that also made a difference to me. No matter how much you like a particular bike it pays to keep the peace at home.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Both are Sweet Rides but is Your Call and Your Money .. I have Test Rode the Vision several times and is no question it has far better wind management and while it handles just great, still don't see where some say it far out handles the XC .. But again is your call ..

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
A dealer could offer me a Vision, CCT or Chieftain in trade, even up for my XRLE and I'd pass. That's just how much I love my bike.

That does not answer your question, but my point being that whatever choice you make, you have to make it your choice. I was astounded by the lack of storage on the Vision for the size of the bike, but there are other cool things that make up for that. I've never ridden one, but when I took "ride like a pro", there was a fairly small-framed woman there on a Vision and she handled that bike like it came from her womb. She made that bike dance. Same can be done on a CCT with the practice hours put in.

Best advice given so far; take your wife to the dealer with you and test ride both with her onboard. If the dealer won't let you do that, walk away and find another.

Good luck with your choice and I wish you many happy smiles ahead.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ride both.
Two different members of the same family.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Food for thought , my local dealer will let you ride any bike on their floor , brand new or otherwise .... It is the best test ride policy I have ever witnessed . That is probably why they are the biggest selling Victory dealer on the planet . If they don't let you test ride , like the other guys said , go elsewhere !

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
For me it is mostly about styling between the two bikes...Even at my ripe old age of almost 47 the Vision is just to far "out there" for my tastes. ;) Not only that but the cavernous bags of the XC are something I wouldn't want to do without, especially with my wife along.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I rode both, I gave the vision slight edge in handling, but my wife was more comfortable on the XCT and frankly visions saddlebags are useless for trips. I bought the XCT.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Food for thought , my local dealer will let you ride any bike on their floor , brand new or otherwise .... It is the best test ride policy I have ever witnessed . That is probably why they are the biggest selling Victory dealer on the planet . If they don't let you test ride , like the other guys said , go elsewhere !
NO WAY!! For me anyway... :D I wouldn't buy a bike from them. While it's great for the test rider, it's bad for the buyer. When I buy a new bike, that's what I want a NEW bike. I don't want one that some moron revved out in the first few miles. I want that bike at 0 miles, not 60 miles so I know every mile of that engine.

That being said, every late September we have Bikes Blues and BBQ (large rally), HD, Indian, Victory, heck, just about everybody brings a ton of bikes out. You can get in line and test ride them. It's the perfect time because the new bikes are released by then. I realize not everybody has an opportunity to test ride everything of interest 9 miles from their house so I can see why that would be great for folks.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Buy what you like. Make it your own and be happy your not on a cookie cutter bike like all the others out there......
Excellent advice!

-----------------------------

If you are buying brand new then I would wait another 5 weeks or so and see what the new models are going to be. Heck; you might find you like a new Indian model better than either Vics. Polaris is pretty good about keeping secrets. Maybe this is the year they modify the Vision to have a better storage capacity in the saddlebags.

Yes. I know a person could wait their life away waiting for just the right make and model to come out. Whatever you decided; don't look back with any regrets.

·
Registered
608 Posts
NO WAY!! For me anyway... :D I wouldn't buy a bike from them. While it's great for the test rider, it's bad for the buyer. When I buy a new bike, that's what I want a NEW bike. I don't want one that some moron revved out in the first few miles. I want that bike at 0 miles, not 60 miles so I know every mile of that engine.

That being said, every late September we have Bikes Blues and BBQ (large rally), HD, Indian, Victory, heck, just about everybody brings a ton of bikes out. You can get in line and test ride them. It's the perfect time because the new bikes are released by then. I realize not everybody has an opportunity to test ride everything of interest 9 miles from their house so I can see why that would be great for folks.
I used to feel the same way.
I bought my bike with 1km on it. And the tranny sounds like its full of gravel. Didn't get me a better bike after all ...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well...I ended up buying a 2014 XCT because of storage. I never did get a chance to ride the Vision :( Anyway, love it! Thanks for all the input!

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Well...I ended up buying a 2014 XCT because of storage. I never did get a chance to ride the Vision :( Anyway, love it! Thanks for all the input!
The storage us what sold me too. That, and it was more comfortable than the vision. However, if there was no more XCT, I would buy a vision.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Personally, I don't like the Vision, mainly because when you hit the horn instead of beeping it plays that tune from "The Jetsons" ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Personally, I don't like the Vision, mainly because when you hit the horn instead of beeping it plays that tune from "The Jetsons" ;)

That is part of the allure for me. :). Who needs Dixie when you have "His boy, Elroy!"

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
608 Posts
Congrats, have fun with it. Put some miles on it then go back to the dealer and take the vision for a ride.
Let us know what you think..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts