Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6'4". And still struggle to see over the screen on my bike, it either needs cutting down a minimum of 2" or a different screen. Being new to Victory it looks to me like the XCT has a different screen mounting to a regular CC as it has 6 screws not 4.
Do I have to take the fairing apart to get the mounts off or is it just the two screws I can see by the Rev counter and speedo.
Any recommendations on screens ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm 6'4". And still struggle to see over the screen on my bike, it either needs cutting down a minimum of 2" or a different screen. Being new to Victory it looks to me like the XCT has a different screen mounting to a regular CC as it has 6 screws not 4.
Do I have to take the fairing apart to get the mounts off or is it just the two screws I can see by the Rev counter and speedo.
Any recommendations on screens ?
Look at Madstad Engineering. They have adjustable shields that use the stock bracket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Yes, the CCT has two additional brackets that hold the screen on by 6, not 4 screws. It also holds the entire lower edge of the screen off the fairing creating a very nice and wide opening. That gap greatly adds in reducing buffeting felt by the rider. The CC screens are tucked under the outer fairing.

I replaced my oem CCT screen with one 3" lower made by 7jurock (ebay) and it's perfect. No flip or tint, just 15" between the top of the lower opening to the top of the screen instead of the oem 18".

For your correct height, try to determine the point on the screen that's between your nose and mouth. That's often the ideal height. I rode with a piece of blue painters tape on the inside of my shield for about a month. On the tape, I made a line at 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 inches from the top of the oem screen. Once I determined where I needed the height to be, it was a no brainer getting the right height.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Once you take off the super-tall stock XCT windshield, along with the brackets that hold that in place, what you have left are the four holes (two on each side) that are used for the XC's stock windshield... and all the aftermarket windshields available for it. Put another way, once you remove those XCT brackets, what you now have -- in terms of windshields -- is an XC.

To do accomplish that, you don't have to remove anything on the bike except the windshield and the brackets.

Here are some vendors of XC-compatible windshields:

7Jurock: http://www.7jurock.com/
Cee Bailey’s: Cee Baileys Motorcycle Products - Acrylic Windshields, Headlight Guards, Bag Liners and More!
Clearview: Motorcycle Windshields & Custom Windscreens | Clearview Shields
Gustafsson: Custom Motorcycle Windscreens ? Gustafsson Plastics
Klock Werks: Custom motorcycles, parts, and accessories. KLOCK WERKS KUSTOM CYCLES MITCHELL, SD 605-996-3700
MadStad: Home - Madstad Engineering

I used the Klock Werks "Flare" for the first season, and it worked well. But it is too short for you; I'm 5'9", but you'd get too much buffeting.

I'm running the Madstad brackets and 11" shield. They have higher windshields, too. A lot of folks think the Madstad system is fugly, but I think it looks fine.

There are dozens of threads you can read on aftermarket windshields, with a little digging. You'll find positive reviews of pretty much every aftermarket windshield, so it gets to be a tough decision. The good news is that none of them is really a lot of money, especially compared to the what the XCT itself costs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dave S,

In addition to all the great info Bill and the others have provided I would like to add LRS or Long Ride Shields to the list. It is a great fit for me and others in my ride group have them too (one gent being 6'6"). They have a facebook site and an email dist where they often give 40-60% off deals as well.

·
Registered
426 Posts
+1
im 6'5 and run a LRS 12" on madstads. in hindsight id probably gotten an 11, but with the sale it was $60

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lrs.

I have the Long Ride Shields on my bike and have found it best for me. You may want to go to longrideshields.com and check it out. I attached a picture for you. It comes in several tints and they do custom etching. Good luck with your choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks gentlemen lots of options there to look into. I'll be in Alabama next month so may get one shipped to me there. I already have a shopping list. Basically everything here is 50% more than US prices then add 20% tax, and don't even think of UPSing it here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts