Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,643 Posts
Not in my opinion but others who have jumped ship to another brand might.

Did it come with a warranty at all and do you have a Victory shop close enough to do the warranty work if needed?

My 2011 XC came with a one year warranty and it did need some stuff like a new rear shock. After that I didn't give it much thought and did all the mods I wanted like cams. Some before the warranty was up.

It's not unusual for anyone, regardless of brand, to have some buyers remorse for a little while. People buy a home get it all the time too.

If you like the bike; then I wouldn't sweat it. Just enjoy and ride it but do maintain it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a warranty as long as I have the loan on it. I have a victory dealership 5 miles from me.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
My bike hasn't seen a dealer since I bought it from them 4 years ago.
I still like to ride my 2014 CCT even though the company doesn't exist anymore.
I just traded in my Pontiac Grand Prix and they haven't been made since 2008.
If you like your bike then don't worry about what other people or companies do.
So in my opinion you did not make a mistake... now go ride and enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Same here - my bike was at the dealer exactly twice: When it was delivered to them new, and for the 500-mile service. It's got over 40,000 on it now, and it's got plenty of goodies to make it go better :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes! But I'll be nice and take it off your hands for $120. That's double what you'll get on a trade at a dealer.

I kid, I kid!

When the announcement was made I ran out and bought a second Vision so how do you think I really feel about it?

·
Registered
350 Posts
While I'm seriously disheartened by the abandonment of the machine by the mother ship, I am seriously inspired by the few who have high mileage on their XC bikes in a relatively short span of time since the inception of the bike. And with no major malfunctions that itself builds confidence between me and the machine. So far, its track record lends itself to being a solid machine. Why the mother ship would slit her throat is beyond me. As long as the aftermarket is there for a few more years we should be in good hands. One of the few, the proud, the obscure. Yrmv,

·
13,180 Posts
You did fine.
Learn how to do you oil change. Its not hard just learning how to check oil is tricky. If you put a 2x4 under kickstand you wouldn't need to sit on bike to check it. You'll save money by doing your own. Save reseats and keep notes

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I kind of was one of those that had thoughts of bailing out on my XCT when they made the announcement. But most folks here and a few other places with threads of good life on their bikes got me to thinking. My previous bike was a Yamaha RSV. They designed it in 1999, had few changes other than paint until they stopped production in 2013. So that bike was similar, not much issues. So in the end I would say as long as your happy with it and can most of your own maintenance youll be fine. I laugh at most HD guys I talk to bitch about service costs. I'm thinking in my head why dont you do them yourself?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
You bought a very reliable bike that requires very little attention. But there are things to know that are unique to Cross bikes, so don't hesitate to ask for help here. You fell into the company of some very knowledgeable folks here. If you know which end of the screwdriver is the handle, you can do anything your bike might require. They are very easy to work on. Do read the manual cover to cover.

·
Premium Member
13,643 Posts
I laugh at most HD guys I talk to bitch about service costs. I'm thinking in my head why dont you do them yourself?
I don't get that either. I guess some folks just aren't handy that way or choose not to.

I'm a little bit like that with my cars and trucks. I just don't like working on them like I do/did with the bikes. Oil changes and other stuff I just let someone else who works on them daily handle it unless I simply can't afford to at the time.

I had a mobile mechanic bail on me half way through a complete backend (differential, axle, the whole thing) job so I finished it myself. Took a few minutes of watching some YouTube videos to figure out how to replace the axles but once I saw how it was done; it was over and finished quickly once I got the correct parts.

·
Registered
321 Posts
When I saw the announcement I said I HAD to go get one now, no more waiting so I went and grabbed a brand new 2016 from the dealer. The closing had nothing to do with my decision in a negative way. I was always going to get one, I was just forced to get one sooner than anticipated.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Working on your bike(s) or doing projects around the house is a great excuse for "needing" that new power whatever. Or a set of whatchamacallzits. Both in metric and SAE. :)

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
People need an excuse to buy new toys, er, tools now? Who knew!?
Only those who want to stay on the good side of their bed partner. :devil

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Mee too

When I saw the announcement I said I HAD to go get one now, no more waiting so I went and grabbed a brand new 2016 from the dealer. The closing had nothing to do with my decision in a negative way. I was always going to get one, I was just forced to get one sooner than anticipated.
I was riding a 2012 XC with 42000 miles on it when I heard the news. I too went immediately to the dealer and bought the last 2016 he had. It has 8300 miles on it now and my season isn't quite over yet. Love it!

·
13,180 Posts
nowadays guys work and whip out their credit card and say fix it put in cams.
Back in the day one I first bought my first bike I was only making maybe $8 bucks an hour. Never did anything to the bike I couldn't afford. Bought used tires to get by. I bought a manual and read it cover to cover. Heck guys don't even read their owner's book now days.

·
Registered
742 Posts
There are two blockades to doing your own work on bikes, cars, homes or anything...Knowledge and Means.
This site and the plethora of info across the internet can supply more than enough information (and MISinformation) to figure out almost anything, but having the tools to do something and a place to do it is what blocks me more than anything. I actually have many of the tools, but a warm, dry place to work, with electricity and compressed air, etc keeps me from doing a lot more. Man I can't wait to grow up so I can have my own home with a real garage. Oh wait, I am grown up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts