Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone triked a Cross Country ? And before you turn the torches on me I am well aware of the thread in progress on the trike build ! I am asking for someone with EXPERIENCE with, and riding a XC trike. Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. Gives me something to think about. I'm kind of leaning towards the Roadsmith, if I do this. But the Leyman is also nice. Decisions, decisions. Wish I could see one in person.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I went with the Chsmpion which is the same a Lehman. Chsmpion bought Lehman a couple of years ago. Motor trike has some nice features such as air ride and reverse mounted diectectly on the trike. But I really don't like the way their trunk opens down and you effectively have to reach over it. Not real user friendly. I like to body of the Champion the best. It really seems to fit well with the Victory design lines. It IRS and available as a do it yourself kit. Not all trikes are. I'll be doing my own air ride at some point and Victory reverse.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Has anyone triked a Cross Country ? And before you turn the torches on me I am well aware of the thread in progress on the trike build ! I am asking for someone with EXPERIENCE with, and riding a XC trike. Thanks in advance for your responses.
y
I love me CSC conversion, had it for about 3 years now, best and nicest lines on the market IMO.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
CSC makes a really nice trike conversion but it wasn't an option for me as I wanted to install my own.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Salty, have you had any problems with your conversion ? I went to a trike builder and he had a lot of negative to say about every conversion except his, and CSC in particular. Got any pictures of side/rear view of your trike ?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
If a builder has something neg to say about everyone else but his I'd run the other way. Go on Triketalk.com and check out some knowledgeable people.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Salty, have you had any problems with your conversion ? I went to a trike builder and he had a lot of negative to say about every conversion except his, and CSC in particular. Got any pictures of side/rear view of your trike ?
tt

I have had no issues, my builder does 2-3 different types on most brands of bikes and also side cars, CSC is the best seller and least issues ....for him.... I liked the lines if the conversion as they flowed best with the bike.
I would like to know what any negatives are from CSC owns though?????
I have 50,000 KMs on bike, 30,000 as a trike

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Vv
Was wondering what his conversion is? Look at CSC conversions on HD, Victoey, Gold Wings HD Kawi.......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
just talked to a fellow with a cct-csc kit that has 30,000 on
the trike and loves it. invited me down to try it. if it ever warms up
we will do that. vic dealer in cedar rapids ia sells roadsmith.
going to talk to them too. both manufacturers will be in central ill
in the middle of may. going down to talk to both and make a decision.
csc just came out with a 5yr, unlimited mileage warranty and
will have a few new mechanical tricks coming up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
just talked to a fellow with a cct-csc kit that has 30,000 on
the trike and loves it. invited me down to try it. if it ever warms up
we will do that. vic dealer in cedar rapids ia sells roadsmith.
going to talk to them too. both manufacturers will be in central ill
in the middle of may. going down to talk to both and make a decision.
csc just came out with a 5yr, unlimited mileage warranty and
will have a few new mechanical tricks coming up.
I looked at Roadsmith but felt CSC superior and also the Roadsmith was a but boxy like the old HD service cars. i also wanted the water boards and heavy duty brakes.

Make sure you do the trees, mine are 8 degree over and steering is so much easier.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the pictures Salty. That is an awesome looking trike. The builder was for Mototrike. And he was considerably more expensive than Lehman. I think the Lehman fits the bike real well. The tail lights are different from yours. Got to sell my Z car before I can do the trike. Anyone interested in a 2005 convertible with only 10k miles on it ??? Thanks again for all the info !!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Salty. That is an awesome looking trike. The builder was for Mototrike. And he was considerably more expensive than Lehman. I think the Lehman fits the bike real well. The tail lights are different from yours. Got to sell my Z car before I can do the trike. Anyone interested in a 2005 convertible with only 10k miles on it ??? Thanks again for all the info !!
Half the battle is getting the right builder to work with, also ensure you go with independent suspension and also the trees

Cheers

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
looking at your pics, i assume you have the csc trunk ?
until my wife and i hear how loud the pipes are on the csc kit,
we wont be making a decision. they do have the largest storage
of all the trikes. middle of may in central ill there will be a big
event at a large downstate dealer, and csc and roadsmith will be
there with their trucks. we will be there. before then we hope to
look at anther fellows ride about 50 miles away. cct w/csc.

that is one beautiful bike. everyone ive talked to has had good luck
with csc. and yes, triketalk.com is a good resource for future trikers.
i wish they had a section for csc. roadsmith has one, but they are also
a sponsor.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Looks like a Victory Cross country trunk to me.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Looks like a Victory Cross country trunk to me.
i dont see a light.another ? the nerf bar looking piece of chrome
at the lower rear.csc doesnt offer a bumper, just a chrome light
bar now. is yours lighted or just chrome?
csc is the only company that offers a color matched and carpeted
trunk for us trunkly challenged people. wish rsmith did.
rsmiths kit starts out about a grand higher too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the CSC trunk, and yes, the chrome strip is all LEDS, running, brake and turn.
I didn't care for the Victory trunk or square hard lowers myself.

Trike is down right now for a torque compensator.....all Vivtory probl, not CSC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts