Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built this rack for my trunk due to lack of space to keep it when its off the bike. Takes up very little space on the wall and very securly keeps trunk up and out of the way. Trunk locks securly to the rack and snaps into place just like it does on the bike.

Looking for your opinions on it. I was contemplating making a few sets because there was some interest.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Both designs look great!

On the second one, I would only want to add something from the end of the rack angled back to the wall where it meets the floor. That would be to ensure the weight that's extended out doesn't from the wall doesn't put too much pressure on the rack making it want to twist off the wall studs.

For the first rack, I'd exchange the short braces between the horizontal and vertical pieces to the ends of each to increase the overall strength.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both designs look great!

On the second one, I would only want to add something from the end of the rack angled back to the wall where it meets the floor. That would be to ensure the weight that's extended out doesn't from the wall doesn't put too much pressure on the rack making it want to twist off the wall studs.

For the first rack, I'd exchange the short braces between the horizontal and vertical pieces to the ends of each to increase the overall strength.
I thought about that. But the steel I used is 3/16. The angled braces rest against the angle iron. Stainless fasteners. The rack is as solid as can be w/ minimal size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts