Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
13,033 Posts
Vision fixed faring less wind and a windshield that goes up at the push of a button. XC more wind but you can pack more.
Same horse power same gauge features. Different looks.
You have to ride and decide for your self. We know why we like what we have but what we have might not be what you want.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Patience grasshopper.

If it can get bolted to an Indian, it will. It's just a matter of time before the geegaws that sell now with the bar and shield all over them will be sold with Indian script writ large instead.

The biggest difference will be that what says Made in China on the underside and EST. 1903 topside will still say Made in China on the bottom but they'll change up to top to read EST. 1901.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Tried both wound up with the Vision. My advice don't test ride the Vision if you orefer the look of the CC. If you do odds are the Vision is going to be in your garage.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The Vision's fixed fairing allows lighter, faster steering. Word on the street is the Vision rides and handles better but that may be a "he said she said" sort of thing. Myself, having a Cross bike, I find it boggling that another big touring bike COULD be noticeably better, but 'round here I'm quite a n00b in the grand scheme.

I think Cross bikes are things of beauty, but the Vision sure stands out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've demoed both bikes. In my useless opinion (except to me) the XC is pretty damn nice. The Vision is better. It's like riding in a La-Z-Boy. I can't imagine anything any better.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Total different handling with fixed fairing to fork mounted. Center of gravity is major point of vision with split tanks at 6gallon total forward of engine at the backbone working down vs 5 gallon sitting on top. Like one rider told me, you don't get on a vision you get in it and become one. Handling is better IMHO in windy turbulent days. Wind bubble is another major point if your year round. Look at specs but I thought there was some minor differences on gearing. Rider positioning is just like mentioned, reclined with handle bar postion beng different. If your riding two up, your going to want to get her on back of both. There is a difference.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am going to demo day today to test ride the 14's. When I test rode my vision it was a done deal. I do wish the bags had more storage though. For what appears to be a huge bag it is quite limited. I want to see the difference between the vision and the cc.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
If your gear doesn't fit in a Vision you carry a lot of gear. I go grocery shopping for my mom and get a weeks worth of groceries in the side bags. I took off the trunk. Didn't like the look. Still all my stuff fis into the side bags

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
When the Vision first came out, I wanted it. Then I saw the storage of the side bags. It just looked deceiving. After I take new looks, it looks like less storage than it is, bu I still would have expected more under that massive cover :)

I carry a lot of stuff lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
If your gear doesn't fit in a Vision you carry a lot of gear. I go grocery shopping for my mom and get a weeks worth of groceries in the side bags. I took off the trunk. Didn't like the look. Still all my stuff fis into the side bags

I have to say that I dont have alot of gear.But I do know this if you start a how to pack your bike gear class count me in..I have really not gone past the Maine,New Hampshire,Vermont area's on my bike. They were day trips to boot..Sort of " hey lets blast to the kangamangus hwghy" type of thing.So packing for an over nighter is something I need to learn to do as well as what is most important to bring.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Vision v Cross Country Tour

One has ample storage and looks like a modern and updated version of a traditional tourer. One, not so much.

But understand, I'm biased towards the CCT and have chosen it without consideration of the Vision.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Base of bag gets packed first with larger items, the it builds like a mountain and items can be fitted up the sides

Example 2 liter soda bottom, small watermelon on top, soft packaged goods on side, lunch meats, soups, canned goods on top. Now go to 2nd bag repeat.

Clothes, roll jacket for base, jeans next, shirts, underwear, sweatshirts next, Go to 2nd bag repeat

Also do not take things along for those just in case moments. You know you never use them.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
A lot of folks talk about the engine noise on a CC ... is it the same on a Vision?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

What does your mom eat .... birdseed? LOL

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks. Gonna have to practice this.Eventually I want to go cross country to the Grand Canyon.First, mod bike then save for trip and practice packin inbetween..

·
Registered
640 Posts
A lot of folks talk about the engine noise on a CC ... is it the same on a Vision?
Dont know about the CC but quieter than my KP...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Yep birdseed. 100 lb bags. Look just because you can't figure out how to pack a bag is no reason to make a smart ass comment about my 85 year old mother.

I have also put 2 bags of water softening salt. One in each bag. If you plan it out they hold a lot more than you think. The side opening style seems to be more of an issue than actual space

·
13,033 Posts
There are two really bad things about a Vision. I mean these are the worst that one has to put up with.
#1 What is that bike who makes it. This will be asked of you weather your in a parking lot or sitting at a stop sign.
#2 This is the job that none of us want and you have to be a contortionist to do. Clean the rear wheel.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts