Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in my 2001 Hayabusa for this sweet ride. 2013 xc in black with chrome. only added the ipod kit to it so far. Have noticed that a few items are much more expensive than hd or any other bike out there. Hopefully they will comedown in the near future?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have problems with excessive brake dust coating the back of the bike even when not using the rear brake?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Sounds like a warranty issue to me. No one here has posted anything about brake dust, that I know of. Take it to your dealer and tell them to fix it.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Chances are the dust is from the road. With an open top rear fender and gaps between the bags and the fenders you can't totally stop it. You can decrease it by pulling your seat off and stuffing foam (or something similar) in all the gaps between the rear frame and the fender. Make sure to leave a space for the tab in the back of your seat to fit back into the hole in the back of the rear frame.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Yeah, Ammo is on to something there. After riding in the rain and finding evidence of splash up through the seat hook hole, I took some 1" thick foam and made kind of a gasket that goes around that hole. Dust and water problem solved.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
victory accessory cost

yes things cost more because we are a minority, but a better bike for sure. got rid of my harley + do not miss it. the Vic's are much better all around. hardly's have cheaper bling but repairs will cost you in the long run

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AMMO, it doesn't appear to be road dust. the dust is black for sure, like brake dust. its also is a very fine dust. seems to come from the rear wheel on both sides and coats the bike all the way past the side covers and the tops of the bags and rear fender. I did take it to the dealer and they weren't sure of what could be causing it mostly because it was a new product line for them and they weren't formiliar with it. hopefully a new set of pads will calm this down?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If your rear axle isn't aligned correctly you would get more wear on your pads because there would be constant rubbing on them. This would create the excess brake dust you're talking about but your belt would most likely be chirping like crazy.

When you take the bike in have them pull the rear pads. If one side is worn considerably more than the other or if there is a angled wear pattern something (I.e. alignment) is causing the issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts