Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after owning for about 4 weeks and hitting 2200 miles today I've come to the conclusion that it'd really be nice to have some music for these long trips. Has anyone installed any of the available options on heir cross roads? What are the best options? If you have I'd love to see some pics! I'm really not too concerned about satellite radio but just to hook up my ipod.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Radio is useless; use an IPod with earbuds or helmet speakers.
Saddlebag protection bars save you headaches and money if you park wrong.
TLC saddlebag liners are handy and are the lowest price.
Upgrading the horn to a Wolo Bad boy or Steibel may save you @$$.
Fork mounted lowers will eliminate most buffeting; OEM, Ness, or DYI all work.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So after owning for about 4 weeks and hitting 2200 miles today I've come to the conclusion that it'd really be nice to have some music for these long trips. Has anyone installed any of the available options on heir cross roads? What are the best options? If you have I'd love to see some pics! I'm really not too concerned about satellite radio but just to hook up my ipod.

Cheers
Well, you could have opted for the Cross Country option and been done . . .

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
That's pretty cool. I hadn't seen one like that before.

Another thought is to go ahead and get a quick detach fairing with stereo built in for those longer rides. There are lots of choices. You could even get the option above with a Memphis Shades Batwing fairing/shield and not be out too much cash.

·
Registered
64 Posts
In my opinion the best option is Extreme Cycle Sounds. I looked around for a long time until I found them. The unit itself has an FM radio, an MP3 AUX jack...but it also has an SD Card slot and a USB slot so you can put your music on either of those andnot have to worry about having something else like an IPOD on your handlebars. I have a 4gb SD card inmine and it has over 500 songs on it. Thos cards go up to 32 gb.

Also the speakers are chrome and I installed mine on the windshield brackets one on each side of my speddometer. I posted pics of these in a much earlier post.

Anyway the whole system was only $269.00 and it was an easy installation. I put the the main unit in the right side saddlebag and it takes up no room at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, you could have opted for the Cross Country option and been done . . .
Could have yes, but with the deal I received on the XR and the simple fact I like the no fairing look that much better, I stand by my choice of getting a XR.

Anyway, I'm not really lookign to add a fairing, but i have seen what memphis shades has to offer. Nice but just not for me. I do like Extreme Cycle Sounds, I guess I was just worried about install. How long would you say it took?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts