Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was at my local Victory dealership the other day and the owner made a comment that my bike is a bit of a rarity because no more are being manufactured for the 2010 season. Apparently Polaris/Victory did not expect the Cross bikes to sell so well and have run out of parts. The next time they'll be available will be 2011. He also said that some bikes destined for Canada were redirected to US dealerships because of demand, so some folks up here in the Great White North missed out. Anyone had or heard similar stories. I must say, I'm realy enjoying my XRoads and I get compliments most times I'm out. Ride safe!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I think they may have run out of 2010 models but will ramp up the 2011 models soon. I've seen X bikes at dealerships here in Northern California.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
They are still making them as we type. We have 2 due in tomorrwo that were built last week, and a couple more will be here in a couple of weeks. Bikes are only being shipped to dealers with a name on an order form, and deposit in hand

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hope your right Kevin.
I Live in Canada and have had my deposit on black CC since Sept 25.
My salesman tells me they are No1 for sales of Victory motorcycles.
But yet they have had to refund deposits on at least 12 CC's.
They keep telling me the Victory is not telling them anything about delivery,
Randy

·
Registered
133 Posts
cant wait to see what paint sceems are instore for 2011, :crzy:
Me too Ron. I want a Cross Country, but don't really care for the colors for 2010.

While we're on the subject of color. What seems to be the most popular? From reading posts it appears to be the burgandy. I've seen a few black, but hardly any skulls. Just curious.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Spoke to dealer today.
Should be here Friday or Monday at the lastest.
If it comes in on Friday will be 231 days since I ordered it.
Also got call from parts all accessories are in as well.
Salesman says should have it within 30hours of being received.:):):)
CAN'T WAIT

·
Registered
50 Posts
I came back from Daytona, and decided I had to have a cross country, they found one in a couple of days they had to go to Georgia, for it.

Best bike I ever owned, have to order a taller windshield. John

the wait is worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, this is my first post on this forum. I just got the call from Arlen Ness that my XC is in. It will be ready Wednesday afternoon. I hope to pick up this weekend. I had the honor of sitting on Mr Ness' XC right after he completed a 300mi trip. He has the skull version with some flames, custom black wheels and has it lowered. He is a real nice guy. Even took a pic with me and my wife on his bike. I'm trading in my VTX1800 for this bike... so It has some big shoes to fill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked mine up on Thursday afternoon. It was conceived at Victory on 23 April and delivered at Arlen Ness, CA on 13 May.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations guys!!! Maybe they've gone back into production or the owner I was talking with was misinformed. It does, however, sound like there are certainly some delays. I'm loving my CR! It's a great touring and highway bike, and is also pretty easy to maneuver around town. I usually ride two up and my wife finds the passenger seat comfortable, along with the backrest. Toured through the beautiful Annapolis Valley yesterday and had a blast. Ride safe folks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
:D 2010 Black Cross Country:D
Well it is finally here.
Yesterday dealer installed: stage 1, pass back rest, pass grab handles, bag rails, rear fender accent, ipod connection,
Ness chrome engine covers and 3M protection on fender, tank,side panels and bags.

GET IT TODAY AFTER 1

cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will get mine next week, it is confirmed yesssss........ i can't wait to ride it !! I'm gonna get a red one with the higher windshield and the exhaust RPWUSA. i am so happy dance 1

·
Registered
82 Posts
cheers Congratulations.
Was only able to put 100km on Wednesday.
Raining ever since.
Your going to love it.
Once again congratulations.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
My Xcountry is about 2 weeks old. Was looking for a red one but couldnt find one in Calif, Az or Nv. Talked the dealer into the skulls paint job for the same price as the standard black. Saved 1500.00. When I bought my bike I was told that as of first week of May that about 300 xcountry left in the US.

·
Registered
14 Posts
after 8 weeks waiting i picked up my cc today, i have to get used to because i owned a v-star before and it is a mean difference. i love it already.....dance 1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts