Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am not bragging here.

Now here is the situation: I have been dragging the holy hell out of my floorboards while riding and am now actually starting to worry about the thickness of them. Has anyone here actually worn through their floor boards? How much abuse can they actually take? I have not taken off the rubber top to look but after feeling where they are wearing it doesn't seem so thick to me.

Any input?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The rubber cap on the floorboards is in there pretty tight. I haven't had the chance to hit the hills too much since I bought my XC, but I had a Suzuki Volusia with floorboards that I was wearing up into the rubber (had already worn off the chrome lip around the side) and it still didn't have any problems with slippage.

Since they wear from the edge in, you can get a lot of life out of them, even after you start wearing into the rubber.

PS The more of the floorboard, you wear off, then you can hold a lower angle in the corners! thumb up

PPS I'm planning to hit the Tail of the Dragon next weekend (I'm assuming that's where you've been doing your draggin)....you up?

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a good point about the lower lean angle. :)

Yes, I might have been that way a few times. I think what is doing the most damage though is that I watched the youtube videos of the victory police bikes dragging at slow speeds and wanted to try it. Now I just go out into the cul-de-sac and ride circles dragging the boards. If you haven't tried it, you should; it's soooo much fun!!!

My wife actually took a video of it today on her iphone. If I ever get it off her phone I'll put it onto youtube and post a link.

·
Registered
383 Posts
A good friend with a Tig Welder can add more metal on as time goes by. Scrape away!

·
Registered
356 Posts
They should be able to take some abuse before wearing through. Besides, that part is only about $50 in black, so they're pretty painless to replace. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
The actual metal on the board is not very thick, but the rubber is fairly thick rigid material. What psi are you running in the shock, just wondering?

·
Registered
336 Posts

Yes, I might have been that way a few times. I think what is doing the most damage though is that I watched the youtube videos of the victory police bikes dragging at slow speeds and wanted to try it. Now I just go out into the cul-de-sac and ride circles dragging the boards. If you haven't tried it, you should; it's soooo much fun!!!

My wife actually took a video of it today on her iphone. If I ever get it off her phone I'll put it onto youtube and post a link.
You might want to take a look at what they are actually dragging on the VPM bikes. http://www.victorypolicemotorcycles.com/products.html Go down about mid page, left column.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

Mine doesn't have any crash bars, so I have been a little hesitant to get too carried away. It does look like fun though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts