Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear tire on my 2012 Cross Roads Classic LE required a tube because it has a spoke wheel. The bike shop had a problem finding a tube to go with the Dunlap Elite 3 tire (same tire that came with the bike when new). They send me to a Harley shop to get one because Harleys have the same set up which is the valve stem faces to the side and not straight up like the front tire. It worked but has anybody else out there come up with that problem?

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
Not since I switched to bikes with mags but I hear there are ways to seal a spoke rim and at least one company that does it. YouTube vids might help you find out how. If nothing else it would be one more barrier to keep spokes from poking the tube.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not since I switched to bikes with mags but I hear there are ways to seal a spoke rim and at least one company that does it. YouTube vids might help you find out how. If nothing else it would be one more barrier to keep spokes from poking the tube.
Bob, Thanks for the reply. I think I'll go back to alloy wheels and stay away from classic bikes with spoke wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts