Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a busy bee trying to aquire all the accessories I've always wanted for my XR but never got around to getting. Pickings are slim so keep an eye on eBay.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Under the knife!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Been a busy bee trying to aquire all the accessories I've always wanted for my XR but never got around to getting. Pickings are slim so keep an eye on eBay.
you got that right... good thing a majority of parts from the cross countries are interchangeable with our xr's :)

Reactions: FoFo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So got the Lloyds timing gear in. And according to the instructions it takes 20-45mins. That is when Murphys law doesn't apply. Hold up#1, Exhaust shields were in the way. #2, cover wouldn't pop off pins, had to pry it off and one of the pins was in the cover, one on the engine. #3 gasket shredded and razor blades didn't want to clean well. #4 torque spec for center bolt wasn't part of the instructions, thanks to the forums, didn't take long to figure out. 2 hours later, it's installed waiting for sunrise to fire up.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I've been all over mine, except no cams. Last winter I had the front end of to do the forks and upgrade the steering head bearings. As far as the timing wheel install goes, removing the floorboard gives you access. But that's water over the bridge now.
An Accessory that will really flatter your bike is found in the link in my signature.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I've been all over mine, except no cams. Last winter I had the front end of to do the forks and upgrade the steering head bearings. As far as the timing wheel install goes, removing the floorboard gives you access. But that's water over the bridge now.
An Accessory that will really flatter your bike is found in the link in my signature.
You couldn't possible mean a lay down license plate bracket that's the best value out there that many on the forum have (including myself) and all like?

Reactions: RICZ

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
You couldn't possible mean a lay down license plate bracket that's the best value out there that many on the forum have (including myself) and all like?
I will take all the pimping for my license bracket that I'm offered. Thanks Vindex. :grin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seen alot of cleaning products that claim to clean chrome. You can spend a ton of money and still come up shot on shine, or you can use an old friend, Mr. SOS pad and lovingly bring life back to stained chrome. Be gentle, use plenty of water and just enough pressure to slide pad around.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotta have a hammer for those stubborn parts like exhaust. Tried to take off my freedom performance mufflers and had to whack em a bit. So they are 4 inch diameter with 2 in of baffle along the way through and 2 in hole running through the middle. Can see right through the damn things. Guess that's to let the exhaust bounce around, not sure how that improves performance. While I decide if I wanna keep em or put tail gunners on it, I ran 2 1/4 straight pipe out the back. FREAKY loud, sound like a big rig exhaust braking rolling off the trottle. Kinda of cool actually.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, Victory is about the same when it comes to parts as Harley is. I need the 90 degree rubber elbow for the Fuel Vent line and water vent line underneath the tank. I googled found the Parts and they want $60 for the whole Fuel line and don't have just the replacement elbow and wont sell just the replacement elbow. $17 for the other line is high but acceptable for the whole thing.

Does anyone know where I can get just the rubber elbow? Its about 1/4 in in diameter, I tried O'reilys and Auto Zone and not so much luck.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Ok, Victory is about the same when it comes to parts as Harley is. I need the 90 degree rubber elbow for the Fuel Vent line and water vent line underneath the tank. I googled found the Parts and they want $60 for the whole Fuel line and don't have just the replacement elbow and wont sell just the replacement elbow. $17 for the other line is high but acceptable for the whole thing.

Does anyone know where I can get just the rubber elbow? Its about 1/4 in in diameter, I tried O'reilys and Auto Zone and not so much luck.
Maybe a Tee and and place a small piece of tube in the unused port and cap it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On to other things while I wait on paint to dry. Finally got the mounting bracket for my amp installed. Couldn't really see how it fit in the OEM Victory fairing for cross roads, just no internal room, so I went under gauges and above headlight. Should have plenty of air flow over headlight to keep it cool.

Now I need you tech guys to assist in how the freak do I wire in the volume controls from the crappy amp that was in there already?

I got a kicker marine radio to go in the open gauge spot, just would like the thumb control hooked up.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts