Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have anyone have any success stories for short riders on these bikes? My wife is 5'6" with a 27" inseam and seems a little short for my XCT. It's 100% stock though.

She has trouble reaching:
  • Shift lever - ?
  • Rear Brake - ?
  • Clutch lever - ?
  • Front Brake - ?
  • The ground flat footed - need to try minimal pressure in air shock and have her on it with her riding boots.
  • Handle bar grips without leaning forward - 2" pullbacks might do the trick

·
Registered
70 Posts
My wife is about 5'4" and has a '15 Magnum without any issues. The Magnum is lowered 1 inch from the factory. The brake and shift controls are adjustable 1 inch forward or to the rear from the stock position. It's a very simple adjustment. She wasn't sure she wanted me to move them, but I finally convinced her to try and it helped her quite a bit. There is also a lower seat that moves you 1 inch lower and about an inch closer to the bars. I have the lower seat on my XCT and it makes it much easier to back up and control with my feet comfortably on the ground even on uneven terrain. Many guys prefer the 2" pull back bars and those can be used with the stock cables.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great advice. I' guessing her inseam is <27"?

Do you find the low seat to be less comfortable on long rides (assumes you had the stock seat for a while)? I might even look into that. Do you know if there is a low seat offered with the heat option?

Can she ride in tennis shoes, or does she need thick soles and heels to make it work?

I didn't catch if she actually had the 2" pull-backs, or not?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great advice. I' guessing her inseam is <27"?

Do you find the low seat to be less comfortable on long rides (assumes you had the stock seat for a while)? I might even look into that. Do you know if there is a low seat offered with the heat option?

Can she ride in tennis shoes, or does she need thick soles and heels to make it work?

I didn't catch if she actually had the 2" pull-backs, or not?
I've been married to her for 34 years and sorry, I can't tell you exactly what her inseam is!:wink Just never checked...but I imagine it's close to that. We do not have the 2" pull back bars and I think she's decided that she's comfortable the way it is.
I don't think the foam on the low seat is quite as comfortable as the stock seat, but I still think it's pretty good. I've done a couple 10 hr. days and haven't had any issues. They do make it with the heated option. Here's a link: Heated Low Rider Seat - Black : PartsPitstop.com
The price from PartsPitStop.com is $479.99 for the heated option and $239.99 for the unheated one.
She usually does wear boots, but she doesn't have any with very thick soles so I don't think that should be much of a problem.
Someone mentioned removing all the air from the shock. While I know the owner of the Victory shop in Louisville rides his Magnum X1 that way, we found that Karen's rides more harsh when we let all the air out. I guess it looses the cushion that the air provides but I think the Magnum uses a different link for the suspension to achieve the lowered back end.

Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another option (which I will be doing next month) is sending the seat to Mean City and they can lower the factory seat a little. They told me they can drop it about 1/2". They can also narrow the seat a little. I think the narrowing will be just as useful as the lowering of the seat. I just did the lowering link on mine also. Pullback bars will be on the list for me as well.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have 31" inseam... Didn't really need to lower bike but it looks cooler, so I lowered it 1.5". I also had my seat shaved down 3/4", pushed forward 1/2", narrowed about 1/2" as well. I did this for comfort more than anything. These mods also help with buffeting.

·
13,002 Posts
say look for a aftermarket custom shop and ask if there is a local seat guy. If you're going to cut down a seat its best your there so they know where to cut.
Don't know how good of a rider your girl is but maybe a kingpin would be a better choice. There a good touring bike and have a great look to them

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
say look for a aftermarket custom shop and ask if there is a local seat guy. If you're going to cut down a seat its best your there so they know where to cut.

Don't know how good of a rider your girl is but maybe a kingpin would be a better choice. There a good touring bike and have a great look to them

I agree with VJ. The KP with Crossroads bags, the older large round headlight & dead Center cycles fairing looks awesome!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 31" inseam... Didn't really need to lower bike but it looks cooler, so I lowered it 1.5". I also had my seat shaved down 3/4", pushed forward 1/2", narrowed about 1/2" as well. I did this for comfort more than anything. These mods also help with buffeting.
Travis - do you find the 1.5" drop is too much? I'm looking to do something like this but worried about parts dragging

·
Registered
63 Posts
My wife tells me that I am 5' 6 and 1/2'', but I say 5' 7'' and I have a 30" inseam. I have the low seat from Victory and also 2" Pullbacks and it make a world of difference for me.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Travis - do you find the 1.5" drop is too much? I'm looking to do something like this but worried about parts dragging

I only drag exhaust tips through hard corners... I love it! I am actually going to put some flints on the end of my tips. My buddy and I are talking about laying a trail of gas behind us... Rolling tandem through a 70 degree corner and lighting it up with the flints! I am going to put the gas in a priming bulb used for old aircraft with a T on it and two 4' hoses strung out between the bags. Lay the gas and then drag pipes... What could possibly go wrong???? Lol. I love the 1.5" drop and have had zero issues with it.

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
Make sure you video it for us

1 - 14 of 14 Posts