Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. New member to the forum and a first time owner of a Victory.
Bought a Victory Crossroads, Crimson Red in October 2011.
Brought it home and stored for the winter. Had no time to ride before the snow and cold arrived.
May 2012 started the bike up and took a 400 km ride only to find out that the " compensator " was bad and the bike " knocked " like it was going to blow up! Not a good feeling after spending the $$$ in the fall and waiting 7 months to ride the bike.
Took the bike back to the dealer and now I am waiting for " parts " that will take 6 - 8 weeks to arrive. WTF?? Fed-X not around to send these parts sooner. Dealer has said nothing about this noise or issue and have offered me nothing while I wait for the bike to be fixed.
Clearly Polaris/Victory have known about this problem for sometime. The reading I have done seems to point the finger at the changes they made from 2010 to 2011 and into 2012.
Beautiful bike but come on... Takes 2 plus years to still be trying to figure this " compensator " problem out??
Please tell me that once I get this bike out on the road I will be a proud Victory owner.
Not feeling the love right now :(

Hope to hear from ya!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)
Hang in there bearcat, you will love the bike...trust me. I have had mine two years this June and just over 20,000KM. And still love mine. cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on the XR. Too bad you had to be a victim of the compensator issue but try not to make a mountain out of a molehill. There have only been a couple of dozen Cross bikes with this issue so many dealers have never heard of the problem. The shipping is crazy so I can understand the problem you're having with that because it should not take that long for the parts to come in. I highly suggest eliminating the fact that your dealer/service is exaggerating the ship time by calling another dealer or two to see how long it would take them to get the parts.

Also note that the issue didn't exist on 2010's because the tranny was redesigned for the 11's. The first reported problem wasn't until around June of 11 and a fix was in place shortly afterwards. Unfortunately as mentioned earlier many dealers are unaware and you can place that blaim on either ignorance or lack of a published TSB from Polaris.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the replies. I will be patient and once the bike is back I will take a good trip to start breaking the bike in.

Added the mid size windshield and drivers backrest so far.

Have fun!

·
Registered
679 Posts
6-8 weeks? Totally unacceptable. I would try to call Victory or their rep for your area. Where are you located? I have never had to wait over a week for anything that I ordered from my Vic dealer. Something doesn't sound right. Did the dealer prep your bike last fall, and if so why wasn't the noise noticed then?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes.. 6 weeks for sure I was told by my Victory dealer in Moncton NB Canada. They are not saying much at all and I am pretty sure now that they did not prep the bike properly in the fall before I picked it up. The owner I called twice and he will not return my calls. The sales manager spoke with me but honestly knew nothing. I am in the waiting mode but in the meantime I am driving my wifes bike, 2005 Honda Sabre 1100 ... nice bike.

Enjoy your day :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not feeling the Victory love...

Hi everyone. New member to the forum and a first time owner of a Victory.
Bought a Victory Crossroads, Crimson Red in October 2011.
Brought it home and stored for the winter. Had no time to ride before the snow and cold arrived.
May 2012 started the bike up and took a 400 km ride only to find out that the " compensator " was bad and the bike " knocked " like it was going to blow up! Not a good feeling after spending the $$$ in the fall and waiting 7 months to ride the bike.
Took the bike back to the dealer and now I am waiting for " parts " that will take 6 - 8 weeks to arrive. WTF?? Fed-X not around to send these parts sooner. Dealer has said nothing about this noise or issue and have offered me nothing while I wait for the bike to be fixed.
Clearly Polaris/Victory have known about this problem for sometime. The reading I have done seems to point the finger at the changes they made from 2010 to 2011 and into 2012.
Beautiful bike but come on... Takes 2 plus years to still be trying to figure this " compensator " problem out??
Please tell me that once I get this bike out on the road I will be a proud Victory owner.
Not feeling the love right now :(

Hope to hear from ya!
Ok everyone I have an update on my XC that has been waiting for parts since May 18th. Got the call from the service manager on June 28th advising that the compensator parts are in and they are the proper parts to fix the knocking noise..yay... Here is the real kicker .. was also told that the bike now will not shift properly from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th without " clunking " into gear. The tranny is screwed.
I have now demanded a New BIke out of the crate or give me my money back thank-you! Unbelievable! The victory has been but a bad curse put on me. No bike riding at all in June :(
Hope you guys are having fun and putting the miles on.
Will give another update next week.

2011 XC Crimson Red Canada

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Bearcat,
That sucks man but don't feel alone, there's at least two of us that can't ride now. I wrecked my XR on 01 Jun and waited for about 3 weeks before they decided to fix it or total it. Since they decided to fix it I've become a victim of the parts supply network and have to wait for a a clutch lever that should be off backorder on 13 Jul. It kills me that they use this same part on at least 3 models (X bikes for sure) and they don't have one to send earlier!

If your bike shifted fine before they installed the new compensator parts then they put something back in wrong and should be able to fix it fast. If they dorked something up that would warrant you getting a new bike it's doubtful you'll find another Crimson XR because they made very few of them. The only new one I know of is one I found in Wyoming while looking for a replacement in cas they totalled mine.

See the thread below and add the concise details of what your bike was like before and after the compensator "fix". KevinX may be able to help you out.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=12177

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts