Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pics from our trip to The Dragon this past weekend. They are all of left turns because right turn pics were obscured by the windshield of the bike the pics were taken from.....no one wants to see bug guts right....LOL Anyway the Crossroads handled extremely well. I had no hesitation in any of the turns and ofcourse no lack of power coming out of the turns. It also turned alot of heads and got alot of questions when we were parked at The Dragon Resort. Hope you enjoy....We certainly did!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Very nice!

Looks fun!
Could or did you try to drag the floorboards?
I've been told, and I wasn't able to do it either (not that I that good a driver), that it is extermely hard, near impossible, with serious danger to scrape the floorboards. Which is a great thing for most of us, tons of cleareance and lean angle to have fun... wac

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks fun!
Could or did you try to drag the floorboards?
I've been told, and I wasn't able to do it either (not that I that good a driver), that it is extermely hard, near impossible, with serious danger to scrape the floorboards. Which is a great thing for most of us, tons of cleareance and lean angle to have fun... wac
Actually the pipes will scrape long before the floorboards. You can see from a couple of the pics that the pipes are almost on the groud already. My boards dont come close compared to them...and yes they're pretty easy to scrapethumb up

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Nice pics! Yeah. The X bikes do get a lot of attention wherever bikers gather. People are just naturally curious and, of course, the they look awesome.

I rarely scrape. Just don't feel a need to lean that far over most the time.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Great pics - these bikes are a blast on the twisties...and look good doing it!
They look like they are gonna scrape, but don't -- I had a couple friends say I was close when they are riding behind me.......

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've dragged parts a couple of times so far, but only have about 700 miles at this point. Never thought to look at what hit...figured it was floor boards. I'm going to have to look now when I get home! ha ha!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Awesome

I met up with a bunch of guys from another forum with my Yammy Warrior a few years ago. If you have an opportunity to go I highly suggest it. It is even more fun if you get a bunch of people to go.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh yea....make sure you check out your pics on Killboy.com. Those guys take great pics.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yea....make sure you check out your pics on Killboy.com. Those guys take great pics.
OY yeah...I'm making a list of pics to buy from all the photographers down there. Here's one of Killboy's pics. They do seem to be the best ones.

Attachments

·
13,002 Posts
Great photos and it would be nice for me if the Dragon wasn't 1500 miles away. I found this and thought some one knows how to ride the Dragon.
Now I did here a couple sport bike guys couldn't keep up one time with him.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Great photos and it would be nice for me if the Dragon wasn't 1500 miles away. I found this and thought some one knows how to ride the Dragon.
Now I did here a couple sport bike guys couldn't keep up one time with him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo
He should know it the owner of the store told me he ran it it 8-10 times a day with his camera set up recording riders. The trunk of that thing is full of equipment. I've had my gl1800's through there a few times and I prefer the XC.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Rsmarsh,
Looks like loads of fun; thanks for sharing the pics.

I'm curious, your info shows you have a 2010 Cross Roads in Crimson Red. Crimson was used on the 2011's, Midnight Cherry was used on 2010's. Did you get an early 2011 model or paint your 2010 with Crimson?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rsmarsh,
Looks like loads of fun; thanks for sharing the pics.

I'm curious, your info shows you have a 2010 Cross Roads in Crimson Red. Crimson was used on the 2011's, Midnight Cherry was used on 2010's. Did you get an early 2011 model or paint your 2010 with Crimson?
I bought it in August of 2010. The dealer told me it was Crimson, which is what I'm going by. Maybe he mispoke and it is actually Midnight Cherry. To make it easy...it's dark red....LOL

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I was actually more taken back by the year because it looks crimson to me. I thought it was a 2011 XR. Since you bought last Aug when I bought mine it could be either a 2010 or a 2011. I ordered mine the first work day after the dealer returned from the dealers meeting and then had to wait 6 1/2 weeks for it to deliver.

Either way; nice bike and great pictures. It's pretty cool to see how far the bike is leaning!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dang it, missed you guys by a weekend. I was up there the weekend before you with a buddy who knocked down 100,000 miles on his 04 Vegas that trip. The Dragon, Moonshiner 28, and Cherohala Skyway were a blast.
I really didn't think KillBoy's photos of my Vision were very good, but it probably depended on what time of day you rode by his particular location. Anyway, bought photo's from Extreme Sports Photography and am awaiting them to be delivered. Here's a link with my four images.

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK00YC041079&po=1079&pc=1115

Sorry we missed you guys!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Looks like a fun ride! Where is that? North Carolina? Virginia? Far too far away for me to get to ride.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks like a fun ride! Where is that? North Carolina? Virginia? Far too far away for me to get to ride.
Thats correct bfp. The Dragon begins in North Carolina and runs into Tennessee. Moonshiner 28 passes from South Carolina into Georgia, and on up into North Carolina.
Hopefully one day I'll make it out to Cali to ride some of your roads.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great pics, thanks. Wife and I are headed back second week of July. First time for the XC. Fantastic riding up there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Am I the only one that drags floorboards.
No my mufflers has never dragged.
Nope, drag the floor boards and the bag guards, the underside brackets. I have the heavy duty ones from Arizona Victory.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts