Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be changing the front tire on my 2013 Crossroads Classic and want to change the inner tube at the same time. Trouble is I can't seem to source one. Size is 130 70 18 which not the issue. Problem is that the tube has an offset/side metal valve and no one seems to have one with the offset valve. Anyone come across this? Anyone who could point me in the right direction,it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Tim

·
Premium Member
15,082 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm not seeing any either. Second worse case scenario is you seal the rims and go the tubeless route. First worse case scenario you source some used tubeless type wheels.
And here I thought that a HardBall was just a Cross Roads with different bars and paint, but no. My HardBall has a central valve stem on the front wheel.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Last time I put tires on my XR Classic the dealer told me the tubes and tires were the same as some of the Indians (dealer used to be Victory and is now Indian). Maybe you could search Indian sources.

Because the TR-4 stem has locking nuts, is it possible that the tube is just rolled over? My front stem is not that far off center.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last time I put tires on my XR Classic the dealer told me the tubes and tires were the same as some of the Indians (dealer used to be Victory and is now Indian). Maybe you could search Indian sources.

Because the TR-4 stem has locking nuts, is it possible that the tube is just rolled over? My front stem is not that far off center.
Was wondering the same thing. Seems like it is less than an inch off center.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've been running a sealed up rim on the HardBall rear now for a couple of years with no problems. I'd have to go to the shed to check accurate mileage, but it's had 3 new tyres on it since with no damage to the sealant during changes. They had to try twice to seal it, but that was because of the 2 tube stem holes in the back rim, not a problem with the front. I trust it, and will be taking the High Ball there to get its wheels done when the tyres need replacing. Roadside tube patching on fat tyres is a pain in remote areas, if a mates not along to use his sidestand as a bead breaker. Walking 20kms or more to get phone reception can spoil you whole day.

Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well that will do the job and be more resistant to punctures.
That's an Australian business website.
And if all else fails, consider a 130 90 16 heavy duty offset valve tube. That probably would stretch OK, particularly if thick walled. They should be pretty common. I was running 15 inch car innertubes on the back of the HardBall with no problems for 4 years. They're rubber, they stretch. How much offset is the valve stem hole in the rim anyway?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Yea I knew it was Aussie. But figured with that info a guy could do so research and find on stateside

1 - 13 of 13 Posts