Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time Posting on this site so please bear with the new guy. I traded my 05 kingpin for a 2013 crossroads classic last year and Was very happy with my new bike . Had very low miles and thought I found a gem.
However this riding season I’ve noticed that the when I shift gears and I give it gas it seems like there is a degree of hesitation loss. Like if I’m 4th gear and I want to step on a bit the rpms increase but it takes a while for the crack of the throttle to show results. I also notice that the display on the spedometer changes gears the readout shows Different gears than the one I am in. It is quite confusing. Anyway I am wondering if any one else has experienced any of this and may have some advice.

I love the bike and love Victory products as well. Hoping to hear from anyone that might have experienced some of this. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Sounds like you havent got enough freeplay on your clutch cable,, fairly common, we hear it a lot.
Pull your clutch cable away from the lever as hard as you can then pull the clutch lever, you should see and feel about 1/8" freeplay when you do that, if you find none or little pop the plastic sidecover and with a couple of 13mm open enders adjust some freeplay into it.
Get onto it before you toast your clutch plates.
and Welcome to the forum Bobo,
Thats the easiest way to check freeplay and you can do it anytime anywhere anyplace.

Reactions: TNXR

·
Registered
779 Posts
Welcome to the forum enjoy your new ride and stay safe!!

Rob

Reactions: Bobo1968

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Also check to make sure your battery cables are clean and tight. Victorys do weird things when those cables get loose.

Reactions: Bobo1968

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That did the trick. Power is back, I moved the sweet spot on the clutch from my finger tips, to the middle and hand grip. Preforms great again. Thanks for the help.

Sounds like you havent got enough freeplay on your clutch cable,, fairly common, we hear it a lot.
Pull your clutch cable away from the lever as hard as you can then pull the clutch lever, you should see and feel about 1/8" freeplay when you do that, if you find none or little pop the plastic sidecover and with a couple of 13mm open enders adjust some freeplay into it.
Get onto it before you toast your clutch plates.
and Welcome to the forum Bobo,
Thats the easiest way to check freeplay and you can do it anytime anywhere anyplace.
, I m

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
That did the trick. Power is back, I moved the sweet spot on the clutch from my finger tips, to the middle and hand grip. Preforms great again. Thanks for the help.

, I m
You're welcome, enjoy the ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts