Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have 500 miles on my new cross country and the rear brake is already squeaking just before I come to a stop. Has anyone else experienced this problem? It's pretty embarrassing. Especially when the Harley guys are laughing...

·
13,002 Posts
Go back to dealer and tell them. Or try applying a little more or less pressure when breaking.
Remember front breaks stops you and rear slow you down.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lubricate the back side (metal that rides against piston) this is where most squeaking and squealing comes from. I usually tape my pads up and spray dri-lube (graphite) on the backside before installing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go back to dealer and tell them. Or try applying a little more or less pressure when breaking.
Remember front breaks stops you and rear slow you down.
It's going to the dealer on Tuesday for its 500 mile service. I'm going to tell them to fix it then. I shouldn't have to think about how I'm using my brake to keep it from squeaking.

Lubricate the back side (metal that rides against piston) this is where most squeaking and squealing comes from. I usually tape my pads up and spray dri-lube (graphite) on the backside before installing.
I'm hoping they fix it, I was just worried that since it's so new that maybe I had a pad issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts