Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I found two different cruise controls online for a 2009 Kingpin but they are different part numbers; 2877177 and l 2879357. What's the difference?

Thanks!:confused:

·
13,177 Posts
just go to witchdoctor and get one make sure you tell them if you have stock bars or not. That way you get the right length cables

·
13,177 Posts
Hi,
I found two different cruise controls online for a 2009 Kingpin but they are different part numbers; 2877177 and l 2879357. What's the difference?

Thanks!:confused:
next time post a link to were you are looking

·
Registered
148 Posts
if I remember well when I installed mine, I think one is the old version and the other is the new version of the cruise control.
the 2877177 is the old I think.
when I ordered it I received the old version and it didn't fit my 2014 HB.
though, if the new version fits your kingpin I would go for it. it's better against water etc.

reconfirm with Polaris this, I get easily confused with the part numbers. and make sure to mention you want it black or chrome. I think the old is chrome and the new is black anyway.

·
Registered
148 Posts
the kit is composed of two things:
a box to install below the swing arm on the left side right next to the oil filter.
a switch on the handle bar linked to the headlight (on the cruisers)

on the newer kit, the box is more waterproof, the switch plug in the headlight is different.

I know you should be able to install th new kit. there is an adaptor available on the market (plug in the headlight)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a problem with the old one getting soaked with water? Does both boxes mount the same way and are they both the same size?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'll give you my phone number it will be easier :eek:

I heard that the previous one had issues with water in the long run yea.
On mine the two could fit. The only fitting issue is the plug in the headlight. You might need to buy an adaptor.

I'm not 100% sure when they released the new kit so maybe the new one fits on yours. You will need to check that.

Check also my firsts posts about this, it might give you some info. Can't remember the name of the post.

Let me know if you need anything else. Honestly I would call Polaris. I called them many times about fitment issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts