Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a some look back in threads and found where to look to diagnose the cruise. Best I can find and check wires all my voltages are good at the plug where they should be. Hardest to do is the speed deal. Trying to push an 800# bike to get a voltage reading is about impossible. But all those check out so the service manual dont say, but my guess is if those are good it's the $300+ module. In which case I'll be looking at a old school throttle gizmo or an O ring to use. I have tried looking for 2 days to find a used one and no go.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Did you run the diagnostic procedure that allows you to check the function of the switches?
Did you remove one wire from the cable switch under the tank throttle side and see if that allows cruise to engage?

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Not likely to be the module. Clutch switch, front and rear brake switches, there is a fuse under the right side cover also.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will not even self test. The cable switch thing under tank OHM out, the brake light works off both switches, front and rear. According to the test out you turn on and press the resume I think at same time and dash light should be on. Mine will not, it only quick flash when you hit button.
The way I understand if the say brake light switches were the issue then they would not be working correctly as they send a disconnect signal when operated. Only switch I can not confirm is clutch. But should still self test and then light not go out (if it stayed on to start with).

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
@djh3 i have a salvaged module sitting in my garage that I'm quite willing to part with (I ended up with an extra during my quest to add cruise control to my XC 8-ball).

PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@djh3 i have a salvaged module sitting in my garage that I'm quite willing to part with (I ended up with an extra during my quest to add cruise control to my XC 8-ball).

PM me if you're interested.
I think I sent you a PM. LOL

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I think I sent you a PM. LOL
you did indeed :)

sorry for delay in responding: was out on my tiger all day, getting ready for taking it onto the Colorado BDR next month :)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem. I got other things going on too. It dont keep me from riding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have done a some look back in threads and found where to look to diagnose the cruise. Best I can find and check wires all my voltages are good at the plug where they should be. Hardest to do is the speed deal. Trying to push an 800# bike to get a voltage reading is about impossible. But all those check out so the service manual dont say, but my guess is if those are good it's the $300+ module. In which case I'll be looking at a old school throttle gizmo or an O ring to use. I have tried looking for 2 days to find a used one and no go.
Do you have a Trunk/Tour Pack on your bike. My Cruise went down on 2013 XC. Problem: wire for trunk brake light runs through the bottom left corner of lid and top left corner of trunk. Wire kinked and broke severing connection and canceling brake light and cruise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have a Trunk/Tour Pack on your bike. My Cruise went down on 2013 XC. Problem: wire for trunk brake light runs through the bottom left corner of lid and top left corner of trunk. Wire kinked and broke severing connection and canceling brake light and cruise.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All lights work fine. When checking switches for function both brake lights (fender and trunk) operated.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mucho thanks to OTAB. Plugged replacement unit in and all self checks are good. So I sort of started on it yesterday and lost interest about 2 minuets in. Got the fuse box and ECM moved and decided it was too dang hot. Today I worked on it about 4 hours or so. The engineer that designed this set up needs to work on it once or twice. But its mostly back together, just need to put tank and seat back on.

Reactions: otab

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Mucho thanks to OTAB. Plugged replacement unit in and all self checks are good. So I sort of started on it yesterday and lost interest about 2 minuets in. Got the fuse box and ECM moved and decided it was too dang hot. Today I worked on it about 4 hours or so. The engineer that designed this set up needs to work on it once or twice. But its mostly back together, just need to put tank and seat back on.
Right on! Glad to hear the spare I had went to good use :)

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL Still waiting on a day to Ops check though. Busy first couple days and now storms blowing thru for a couple days.

·
Registered
104 Posts
djh3 , did the module work ? Im having the same problem

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes If test fails, point to module. I have email company to see if they can repair, but no answer yet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks like its going to be a big PITA to get to it .

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yea. Blackbeadrs treasure should be hid this good. I will try to find the info I used.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had almost the same problem, cruise did not set was my problem. The fix was replacing the throttle cable. Crap, I can’t remember was it the push or the pull. Anyway just under the right hand side or throttle side of the gas tank ( no need to remove tank to check) both throttle cables have small clips that have communication wires that attach to them, my bad one was loose because it had broken off from the cable. Might check that also.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
A tab broken off this cable would NOT cause your cruise to not set. If you remove a wire from the throttle (or is it the idle) cable, your cruise will still set but rolling off the throttle will not cancel the cruise.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts