Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am right around 14500 miles on my 2011 CC. I have noticed for the last 3000 miles that my Cruise Control module will turn on but it will not always set. Has anyone else see this happening on there bikes? I talked to a 2008 Vision owner while I was getting my rear tire changed and before I had this start happening and he told me he had his Cruise Control start messing up and it ended being the Master Cylinder going out.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I am right around 14500 miles on my 2011 CC. I have noticed for the last 3000 miles that my Cruise Control module will turn on but it will not always set. Has anyone else see this happening on there bikes? I talked to a 2008 Vision owner while I was getting my rear tire changed and before I had this start happening and he told me he had his Cruise Control start messing up and it ended being the Master Cylinder going out.
Check your clutch switch, front brake switch and rear brake switch. One of them is likely not working properly anymore. There's a simple procedure in the service manual on how to test each switch. Good luck. thumb up

·
Registered
693 Posts
This unlikely the issue, but I'll throw it out there anyhow. Rain or washing the bike will typically cause issues like this as well so if it's been wet recently whenever it wasn't working, that could be the cause as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mined turned out to be the throttle cable adjustments. A buddy of mine has had 3 Vic's and said he could get it.

He got it on the First shot. No problem since, about 4000 miles and 8 months ago, including winter here in PA.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Same with mine, throttle cable adjustment. I'd suggest that first, then go onto the switches. It can be a "bear" when it is an intermittent problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will try the throttle cable 1st. If that doesn't work it is still in Warranty so I will take it to the dealer to check it out. I am aware of how long it takes for the cruise control to work. I have used it plenty of times before the issue started. No issues with cruise control the 1st 11500 miles.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Also check at the throttle body plate where the cable is secured (right side, just above and behind the cheese wedge) with two screws on either side. If one or both come loose, it can play havoc with your throttle and cruise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts