Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruise control issue different than anything I can find anywhere online. My issue is that when I hit the on button for my cruise control light only momentarily flashes and never stays on if I hold cruise and set resume at same time light will come on but in any case nothing ever looks like cruise control turn on and work. Anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I apologize my bike is a 2013 victory cross country.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When you hit the on button the cruise light on the dash will only come on momentarily, but there is a little red led on the on/off toggle that will stay lit. Only when the cruise is set or resumed will the dash light stay on. It shouldn't be necessary to hold the resume and set down together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
When you hit the on button the cruise light on the dash will only come on momentarily, but there is a little red led on the on/off toggle that will stay lit. Only when the cruise is set or resumed will the dash light stay on. It shouldn't be necessary to hold the resume and set down together.

If you know you are operating it correctly, the switch box could have some moisture in it from a recent washing or rainy ride.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will definitely look into that thank you for the quick response

·
Registered
13 Posts
What Tourider said (post #3). I have also had problems when in a monsoon. When my bikes gets soaked (washing doesn't provide enough water but raining cats and dogs does) my cruise control and clutch safety switch quits working until they dry out.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Search for a thread about Cross Country Intermittent Cruise Control.

Very likely the throttle cable switch. It's tucked under the right side of the tank. It can be seen with the bike on the side stand. You'll give yourself more room to work by turning the front wheel fully to the left. The switch has two wires going into it. Pull both wires, tape them off and try your cruise control again. What that switch does is disengage the cruise control when you manually turn the throttle closed. The cruise will still disengage with the clutch lever, the front brake lever or the rear brake lever. It's a $20 switch, mine went out last year and I see no reason to replace it.

The switch is a known item that's prone to failure. But the work around is simple and effective. My throttle cables are adjusted properly, but it's always good practice to ensure yours are adjusted correctly as well.

Keep us posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts