Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Cruise control not working

15K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Rebel Biker 
#1 ·
So I took the bike out today and turned on the cruise control. The button lit up but it wouldn't set. I've read threads here whereas people complained of the same issue after the bike got wet. Mine did not get wet. And the cruise did work a few days ago. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears (eyes). I'm hoping that the bike is still under warranty but it's going to be close. You hear that Honda East? Ill be seeing you soon! Hook a brotha up!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
did ya try pulling the cheese wedge off the right side and looking at the cable. A couple weeks ago, I experienced something similar and my cable end needed clipped back in.

#3 ·
No but I will tomorrow. I appreciate the advice. I just installed a digital guard dawg and was messing around under there and it would make sense if that was it. Thanks. I'll advise what the outcome is.

#5 ·
That's the procedure used after installing a new CC cable. It didn't work on my '13 CC and from what I've read doesn't work on any of the later year models. My CC is fine if I want to set it and leave it but as soon as I try and ACC/RES/DEC or anything like that it goes to hell and usually shuts off.

#6 ·
Well I pulled the throttle side wedge and everything seems ok. There is a bit more slack in the cable than I would have thought though.

#7 ·
A little slack is good because if your throttle cables are too tight cruise will not work.

#8 ·
Check your throttle cables as suggested, it doesn't take much.
In the fuse box under the right side cover, check the "body" fuse or "chassis" not sure exactly how it was labeled, but it is a 20A fuse.
When my wiring harness was dyeing a slow painful death under the seat, that was the fuse that kept blowing. You could see the flash on the dash and the cruise pod would light up, but it wouldn't set.
Next would be check the connection along the tank (well under it). Follow the cruise wiring down from the bars, there is a connection on it. This also seems to be a major player in the "wet" cruise syndrome.
All I can think of and have read and seen for myself.

Good Luck

#9 ·
I will try what you suggested. I didn't consider a fuse because I assumed that if the main light was coming on, which it is, then the fuse must be good.

#10 ·
Certainly not an expert on this subject, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn...

My cruise was doing the same exact thing. The green light on the dash would flash quickly but the cruise wouldn't engage.

Took it to the dealer and he disconnected one of the two wires leading to a switch on the throttle cable. The switch is located on the right side of the tank, toward the front.

Works great now. He said it was most likely due to moisture (I ride in the rain and the bike is out in it too when I'm at work).

Zero cost check to see if that's it. If that fixes it, my dealer told me a no-cost way to fix it: use a hair dryer to dry it out. My warranty would cover replacing the switch but I didn't want to pay the deductible which was most of the cost anyway. Thought it was pretty cool that he gave me a good alternative.

By the way, he didn't charge me a dime and dropped what he was doing to check it out. Good people. Distinctive Cycles in Freeport, Florida.

Attachments

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.