Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what others are doing for cruise control. Victory is no longer making the cruise controls, and the only one I found was almost $500.00, and still have to install. Im not skilled enough to install myself. Are there any other options except a throttle lock?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Just wondering what others are doing for cruise control. Victory is no longer making the cruise controls, and the only one I found was almost $500.00, and still have to install. Im not skilled enough to install myself. Are there any other options except a throttle lock?

There's the plastic jobbie that clips over your throttle and rests against the brake lever.
Cheap on ebay.
I bought one but I'm never on one throttle setting for long.
Hate long boring straight roads so unless I really have to the thing stays in my pocket.
It may come out when I ride up to Benaraby 6.5 hours highway.... .. .. .. .. .. ..

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
My personal thoughts about electronic cruise control is they are more for cars than bikes. Even so, I hardly ever use the one in my car, even out there on rural Interstate. I want to be prepared and ready for any eventuality, so I can do whatever it takes at a moment's notice - and that is usually all you get.
There are times when I need my right hand freed from throttle duty for a short while and for that, I have installed the BrakeAway Cruise Control. Its a throttle lock with the ability to disengage two ways; by applying the hand brake and/or pushing a button on the unit. Its probably the priciest on the market at $179, but it is EXTREMELY well made and many here think it is the best out there. I'm one of those.
https://brakeawayproducts.com/

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just ordered the cruise control for steel frame bikes from Victory's web site for 200 dollars.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I had a Brakeaway on my KP and really enjoyed it.

I'm a big cruise user and absolutely love the adaptive cruise in our Jeep. Helps me keep my road rage under control. I'm sure in a few years it will be available on bikes too.

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a Brakeaway on my KP and really enjoyed it.

I'm a big cruise user and absolutely love the adaptive cruise in our Jeep. Helps me keep my road rage under control. I'm sure in a few years it will be available on bikes too.
Thanks Bully, this looks like might be my only choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts