Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do people know about Cruise Control options for the KP? From what I've seen, '09 and on are 100% plug and play with OEM and some '08's? What about before '08? Or are there any aftermarket cruise options that are not throttle locks? Specifically looking for an electronic option.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
On my 07 KP I had a mechanical cruise from Brakeaway.

They are not just a throttle lock.

https://brakeawayproducts.com/product/7cp01-metric-and-victory-cruisers/
I have installed these Brakeaway devices on a number of bikes. They ARE just a throttle lock. They may release with the pull of the front brake lever. They may release with a push of another lever. they may set with a push of a 3rd lever but they are still just a throttle lock. They don't adjust the throttle position or any other part of the throttle system depending on wind, ascending angle, drafting a truck ahead of you, etc. All they do is lock the throttle in one position.

They are the nicest and best looking throttle lock I've ever seen but are not a true cruise control. They are a bit finicky to install and get right so that they don't bind the throttle but with a little bit of work, you can get them adjusted. I highly recommend them to anyone who is buying a throttle lock. They are not cheap but are really nice. Just don't expect to get a true cruise control which maintains your speed over varying road and wind conditions.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my 07 KP I had a mechanical cruise from Brakeaway.

They are not just a throttle lock.

https://brakeawayproducts.com/product/7cp01-metric-and-victory-cruisers/
I have installed these Brakeaway devices on a number of bikes. They ARE just a throttle lock. They may release with the pull of the front brake lever. They may release with a push of another lever. they may set with a push of a 3rd lever but they are still just a throttle lock. They don't adjust the throttle position or any other part of the throttle system depending on wind, ascending angle, drafting a truck ahead of you, etc. All they do is lock the throttle in one position.

They are the nicest and best looking throttle lock I've ever seen but are not a true cruise control. They are a bit finicky to install and get right so that they don't bind the throttle but with a little bit of work, you can get them adjusted. I highly recommend them to anyone who is buying a throttle lock. They are not cheap but are really nice. Just don't expect to get a true cruise control which maintains your speed over varying road and wind conditions.
Yeah. My wife had one of these on her 900, but it wound up being more putzy than we liked. Top quality product and great company, but just won't fit what we're looking for. I know some people have also made an electronic cruise of their own in the past on other bikes. Maybe I'll just have to research that then.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
I think member @BBob has a throttle lock that is INSIDE the throttle grips .... , i looked up the website once, VERRY COOL STUFF

Aftermarket must be getting scares these days ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts