Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Like everyone else, I've had cruise control issues after the bike gets wet. However, this time, my cruise control hasn't come back after several days with a dehumidifier blowing on it. Question for you folks more knowledgeable than I (that would be most of you)... I recently installed Custom Dynamic Bullet Billets on the front and rear, and I used their load isolator to get them to work properly. Could this have somehow affected the cruise control? Do any of you have an isolator on your bike? Did it affect your cruise control? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Bike is CAN buss. As such it can be a finiky b-atch. I added some small LED lights around by bag rails, run, turn and brake wired into the system. All was fine. This fall I added a hitch with a trailer light harness hook up. Light did funky things. I ended up needing to add a powered isolator. When you add lights if the system "sees" to much or too little resistance in circuit it "faults". So maybe depending on what circuit and where you have the add on lights drawing power it could be causing the cruise issue.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Would it be possible to temporarily remove or disconnect the lights and load isolator and see if the cruise starts working again?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would it be possible to temporarily remove or disconnect the lights and load isolator and see if the cruise starts working again?
I was hoping to hear from someone that they installed the isolator and it didnt affect their cruise. Absent that, bypassing the isolator is my next step. My propensity for soldering and shrink wrapping is going to work against me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bike is CAN buss. As such it can be a finiky b-atch. I added some small LED lights around by bag rails, run, turn and brake wired into the system. All was fine. This fall I added a hitch with a trailer light harness hook up. Light did funky things. I ended up needing to add a powered isolator. When you add lights if the system "sees" to much or too little resistance in circuit it "faults". So maybe depending on what circuit and where you have the add on lights drawing power it could be causing the cruise issue.
This is what I was thinking. The Custom Dynamics isolator is powered, and I did connect my trailer harness to it. My plan is to bypass the isolator and see if the cruise comes back. Appreciate your input.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
don’t use existing ground in Harness for add ons. Run to own ground elsewhere on frame. See if that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts