Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to tighten up the throttle release for the cruise control? Mine has gotten so sensitive just placing your hand on the grip will sometimes release the cruise control.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
try adjusting the throttle cables like the manual states, you should have some slack in the cables

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got slack, the problem is the amount of pressure required to release the cruise is way too light. Its dang near impossible to ride the bike on cruise with the both hands on the grips.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
huh that i dont know, the rare occasion i use cruise i can hold the grip with no issue

·
Registered
784 Posts
2 choices. Adjust the cables as per the OM. I read you have slack but do you have the correct amount? Yes they can be sensitive to adjustment.
Second would be follow the cruise line down the bars and under the right side of the gas tank. Unplug the two prong plugs. NOTE: Doing this will cause you to lose the ability to turn of the cruise by rolling the throttle.
I have never used this function but know some do and don;t want you to be surprised.
See if adjusting helps first. Good luck.
cheers

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOST Great info thank you. I'm kewl with the grip release not being connected as long as the release by either brake still works.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Unhooking the position terminals is a band-aid and not a fix. It will get you through but keep looking for the real problem.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Texas, My cross country Hooptie needs a Emergency Room not a band aid....LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts