Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It would make sense to me that rolling forward on the throttle would turn off the cruise but not activate the brake lights.

I'll have to try mine. I always cut it off by the button or tapping the brake.
I could be wrong but I think there is confusion. Chattanooga Mark said, "My hand brake micro switch wasn't activating the brake lights today but it was disengaging the cruise." However, it would appear that VicVisionBulldog interprets this as referring to the cruise control idle cable switch. I think these two gentlemen are referring to DIFFERENT switches.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I could be wrong but I think there is confusion. Chattanooga Mark said, "My hand brake micro switch wasn't activating the brake lights today but it was disengaging the cruise." However, it would appear that VicVisionBulldog interprets this as referring to the cruise control idle cable switch. I think these two gentlemen are referring to DIFFERENT switches.
Sorry my comment was directed towards how we all disengage cruise and how you said you don't like hitting the brake because of flashes the brake lights. I could have been more clear. It was clear to me in my mind but y'all don't live in my mind.... Thankfully for y'all.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ahh, so it was me that was confused. I knew there was some confusion somewhere but I was confused as to where the confusion lay :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
That switch is the one weak link in my CCT cruise control as well but I hated it. I rest my hands on the grips on long trips and bumps in the road cause my hands to disengage the cruise. Was glad it stopped working. I unplugged it and have never had an issue since. It will likely continue to give you grief over time. I was told by the vic tech that if it was his he would disconnect it because he sees alot problems with them
I rest my hands to but have no issues kicking off the cruise but then I rest the my hand in a bladed position on the bar ends and not the actual grips.

For a more functional and better looking bar end check out the Lidlox bar end helmet locks. Contact them directly for a military/first responder discount. They were a pleasure to work with and got me a second set of locks for my 08 that uses the key I already had making things more simple for me and my keyring.

They are super handy when you stop with your bags and top box full and don't want to haul your helmet around.

https://lidlox.com

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts

Correct. The microswitch at my hand brake wasn't working. In my garage I could see the hand brake lever actuating the microswitch plunger but the brake lights didn't come on when I tested it. But on a ride, pulling the hand brake lever would still disengage the cruise control. I cleaned and lubricated the microswitch using CRC Contact Cleaner. After that the hand brake would activate the brake lights again. I'll verify tomorrow night that it will still cancel cruise control.

The throttle cable inline switch that's under the right/front of the tank is a different switch. This one has two wires attached to it and the design of this switch is to cancel cruise control when the rider rolls the throttle off.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Have to test throttle rolloff again but I don't think it works.
It bugs me that DEC doesn't decrease it just releases throttle. I guess I have bugs to work out.

·
Premium Member
8,790 Posts
took my bags off the XC to help the tyre fitter and guess what?
with the Sabretooth lights disconnected my cruise control works again!!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Have to test throttle rolloff again but I don't think it works.
It bugs me that DEC doesn't decrease it just releases throttle. I guess I have bugs to work out.
I was wrong all functions work on my cruise.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've owned my bike for over 8 years, and I never knew you could cancel the cruise by rolling the throttle forward. I've always tapped the brake to cancel. Huh.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I've owned my bike for over 8 years, and I never knew you could cancel the cruise by rolling the throttle forward. I've always tapped the brake to cancel. Huh.
It's useful. Takes some force to roll off. I had no idea until I learned it on here. :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts