Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Jacpot and put the Flames arlen ness grips on and took the stockers off. They tell me that the Breakaway throttle lock will not slide on over these grips since they are bigger in the middle. So what other alternative is there? I cruise a lot of backroads.

Later

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are the same. I'll post another pic tomorrow. The rings slid right over the grip. It's kind of hard to describe, but you have to put the rubber piece in after the rings are over the hump. I will look for the paperwork and see if I can find the size Brakeaway I bought. BTW, I love this throttle lock. It works great and looks sweet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go for it man, it slid right over it. Mine is an 2008 but I can't see them changing the grips size that much if any over the years.
I installed and adjusted it in about 30 min. The only problem/issue is the threaded part of the shoulder bolt for the brake lever isn't quite long enough. The nut used to hold the throttle lock in place doesn't have a lot of threads to work with. I've put thread lock on it and I haven't had a problem yet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered it last night - I'll put out a writup when I install it - THANKS for your help !!!

Later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts