Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cruise control stopped working yesterday. When I got home I checked it out. If your brake lights are not working correctly the cruise control will not set. I checked the brake light front and back brakes. They worked fine. There is a electrical plug right under the front right side of the fuel tank. It is on the cruise control cable. I wiggled it around and pushed down on it. Took the scooter back out and rode for a while longer. The cruise control is now working. I turned it off and reset it several times and it worked great. That wiring controls the cruise control cancelation when breaking and so fourth. I guess it just got dirty and me wiggling it around made contact to the connection again.

Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sounds like you are referring to the switch that cancels the cruise when you close the throttle (rotate forward.) But if I recall correctly, and that's what you are referring to, there are two wires there. Anyway, that's its purpose. I have had way to many problems with that switch when my bike gets wet (either from rain or a wash) so I just disconnected one of the two wires (doesn't matter which one.) The only thing lost is the ability to cancel the cruise by rolling the throttle forward, but that was better for me than losing the ability to set my cruise speed when water had gotten up in that area.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Your lucky. You can look back and see what I went thru diagnosing. Mine was a dead unit and man are they a PIA to change. Lucky for me a member had one and I got a great deal on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts