Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you guys know I have purchased this brakeaway product and I give it a 10. http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/appguide-5CP02.php?make_id=6&model_id=29 It takes a little time to install. If you read the instructions thoroughly it goes quickly. It beats the Harley cable lock hands down. I just did not want to buy some cheap after market product. There is a lot of engineering that went into this product. It is extremely well made. I would highly recommend this to any of my friends. If you do not like it you can return it. Very easy to operate. I did not want to buy Victories cruise control. The way it hangs down and the chance of one more electrical thing to go wrong. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in.
thumb up

·
Registered
813 Posts
I agree, I have one on my VStar 1100 and love it. I just bought a used one from another member to install on the victory.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Been looking at pulling the trigger on one for Red's 900. She's going to get a KP, but not for another two riding seasons at least we figure. And if she likes it, it's a lot less than the electronic one! Ha ha! I won't do a conventional throttle lock...I like that this stops as soon as the brake is touched.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'll have a slightly used one for sell soon, I had trouble getting it to get along with my grips but it dose work and they are nice units. I'll also have a Arlen Ness Big Shot fuel tuner for sell that came of my 04 TC.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'll have a slightly used one for sell soon, I had trouble getting it to get along with my grips but it dose work and they are nice units. I'll also have a Arlen Ness Big Shot fuel tuner for sell that came of my 04 TC.

What kind of grips?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was looking at one of these myself. I contacted them about the product fitting on the 2012 highball. They said it should work fine but i'll lose about 3/4" of grip space. I don't consider my mitts to be large but with the breakaway on it, i think my hand just barely fits. What year is your bike Gibson, and how much room do you have left?

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2012 Vegas and you have plenty of room on your grips, they work great. Best product I have bought over the years, no cheap design either.thumb up The guy in the video is using big winter gloves and these grips look like they are on a 500 Yamaha or something small..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts