Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 xc without cruise control. I found a dealership that has one in stock. I am curious if you guys that have cruise use it a lot and how you like it? Also if any of you put it in yourself how hard was it?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It is the most important feature on my bike and I use it all the time.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
270 Posts
The hardest part of the install is mounting the black box. The instructions tell you to remove the swing arm, etc. but watch the Witchdoctor's video on installing a lowering link and you'll see how you can get to the area under the seat where the box goes without removing the swing arm. To the best of my memory the rest was easy.

I love my cruise. I would get it before it's gone.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
MY first bike with a electric cruise was the venture. Much like this bike I agree mine has saved me some coin. On long trips I couldnt live without it now. Shoot even just running an hour or so I use it most of the time if it's possible.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I rarely use mine because most of my riding is on twisty roads but I do turn it on a couple of times a month and engage it just to make sure it is working.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Kinda depends on the lay of the land where you live and or plan to ride. Need to be at 70+ mph - on near level grade - to use it. A scant 20k miles on my XCT, but only about <100 miles on cruise (a few miles on the Interstate now and again). No place in my neck of the woods or within three neighboring counties to use it for more than five miles. Would be a plus on extended multi-hundred mile day rides in the wide open parts of the country.

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
I never could get used to the throttle moving on its own so I went with SAC grips with manual cruise control. Since it's a friction type I can simply adjust as needed if terrain change. Kuryakyn makes a bar end that looks like it would work well too.

If it had the throttle by wire I would have kept using the electronic cruise since they don't move the throttle grip.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I don't remember what the MSRP is on the Cruise Control kit but I'd get it before it's gone. Most Cross bikes have this so it has basically become a standard expectation on these bikes. Me, I'd never buy another new(er) bike without cruise and ABS. I use my cruise, a lot. It has no issues what so ever on hills and has saved me from multiple tickets and hand pain on nearly every ride. I have some damage on my two middle fingers of my right hand. I greatly enjoy the light throttle pull of our bikes and that it came standard with Cruise Control. If MSRP is out of hand, you may be able to find a used system from one of the companies who dismantle crashed bikes. Either way, I suspect you'll use it more often than not.

I use cruise control in my car a lot as well.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Haven't got it and dont want it.
Never on one throttle setting long enough to need it.
But that's just me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I use it all the time. If you do any highway riding at all, you want it.

I did not have it for the last 2 months of the riding season last year. Drove me nuts not to have it. It was not working and finally, I found the issue. The wire going in the trunk had cracked an frayed and was causing a ground fault. Cut it, re-attached, soldered and made it better than before.

Cruise control is back and I cant wait for spring!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts