Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put a factory cruise control unit on a Vegas 8 ball? Does Vic make one that fits? Could you do it youself or is it a dealer job?

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
You might get some different answers but from what I've seen and heard; it's not a good idea. It's a pain to install and they don't always work. Some are luckier than others.

I just use a grip cruise control for those times when I need it.

Here are a few possibilities.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4340.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XMotorcycle+Cruise+Control+victory&_nkw=Motorcycle+Cruise+Control+victory&_sacat=0&_from=R40

My favorite is the SAC cruise control. You add as much or as little tension as you like to hold the throttle position. Just pick the one you want and add the cruise option for the metric 1" bars. Kinda nice to get some custom grips with a built in cruise control.

There are bar end controls too you can look up.

·
13,043 Posts
witchdoctory sells a kit for 500 bucks i believe. A throttle rocker works just as good and with it you use the rocker all the time

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Anyone put a factory cruise control unit on a Vegas 8 ball? Does Vic make one that fits? Could you do it youself or is it a dealer job?
I don't ride a Vegas 8 ball but I do know a bit about the cruise control option. I had one installed when I ordered my Pin. I'm actually on my second cruise control unit. The first unit went out while I was riding through a rainstorm with inches of standing water on the road. I spent a lot of time diagnosing it with lots of help from the fine fellers on this forum. I've been from the throttle all the way through the system to the module that mounts on the frame behind the trans. It's quite involved. I wouldn't want to install one. Unless you are a very handy man, I'd let the dealer do it.

If you're curious what went wrong with the first unit. The module itself fried (located at the bottom of the frame behind the trans). It was the original design which had a flawed housing and seal that was water resistant but not water proof. I all but took it swimming. The latest design (which is what they installed via warranty) is completely water proof. I was told I could hit it directly with a pressure washer and would have no issues.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixer, you have any pics of your bike?. I would like to see how it looks on the bars. Sounds like a dealer job if I choose to buy one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts